World Economic Forum/Global Competeitive Index 2014-2015

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
DR does particularly badly on Primary and Maths education - almost bottom in the world from my reading.

Jan 9, 2004
DR does particularly badly on Primary and Maths education - almost bottom in the world from my reading.

....And that is pretty consistent with the last report....inspite of the Medina's administration commitment to 4% for education.

Granted it will take time to bring the quality of education up in the DR...but the hidden cost is the private school tutition that most people I know pay...to avoid the public schools. That is money that could be spent on a better quality of life for the family....if only the public schools had any credibility.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...g-teachers-essential-for-Education-Revolution

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
that's funny; the economists who compiled this data disagree with PICHARDO. they list electricity among the articles of infrastructure...hmmm

Jan 9, 2004
that's funny; the economists who compiled this data disagree with PICHARDO. they list electricity among the articles of infrastructure...hmmm

.....and they left out the people visits per mall (PVPM) GDP calculator lol.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013

Ah but did they take note of the Metro ???

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
The DR has with it's Loma Linda decision/non-decision as well as it's Gold mine fiasco made international investors a little cautious. Regardless of it's placing I believe the DR in many ways is more developed than many of the countries placed above it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 9, 2004
One of the biggest corporate investors in the world walked away from the DR exactly because some of the findings in prior year reports . Maybe they will come back...maybe not.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Last edited by a moderator: