Mercato Restaurant (Santiago)

el justo

Mar 6, 2020
I received a DM from a member who recommended red door pizza in Padres las casas, Santiago. I went and tried them. Not only the bestest freshest bagels he also bakes Sour Dough. croissants, meat pies, sausage rolls, etc. Small business with a big future by the looks of the comments above. @reddoorpizzard instagram

el justo

Mar 6, 2020
I get their mini croissants and bagels at National... in Santiago...never a problem with quality..........
when were they baked? I can't find a date on the pack. where were they baked? how long they be frozen for? what preservatives are added to keep them from going mouldy like normally baked products do? what's the environmental impact on buying imported products? shipping them from one country to another? I prefer to buy local, fresh, support the local community. happy with what I found. thanks Trev for the heads up.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Hi everyone..

I just bought a restaurant in Los Jardines and I would love if some DR1ers would come out tonight and give us a try .. I will offer an additional 25% discount for today just for mentioning DR1 at the bar. This is my first time in the restaurant business and I would really love to have some ex-pats that live in Santiago hang out from time and time ! The music style of the restaurant is mostly reggae (not reggaeton) , spanish rock, and whatever clients request (We use spotify for this). The restaurant's name is Mercato and I have attached our new menu and a screenshot of our location in Los Jardines. We are located on Avenida Metropolitana 300 meters south of la avenida Bartolome Colon.
My name is Thomas and I spend most of my time in the restaurant but if anything you can ask any of the staff for me and I'm excited to meet some DR1ers!

141k4s3.png

2k0okm.png
Crazy to look back at this 6 years later hehe.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Jan 9, 2004
Crazy to look back at this 6 years later hehe.
Any restaurant that survives 6 years deserves a tip of the cap.

Restaurants have the highest failure rate of almost all businesses (3 years or less).

Congrats.

Maybe I will be able to find it this time when I return next month.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Any restaurant that survives 6 years deserves a tip of the cap.

Restaurants have the highest failure rate of almost all businesses (3 years or less).

Congrats.

Maybe I will be able to find it this time when I return next month.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
If I didn't use Google Maps I wouldn't be able to find half the things in this country I'm looking for honestly haha.

Reactions: JD Jones