Mercato Restaurant (Santiago)

Donnad722

Mar 22, 2016
Good afternoon:
Thomas, I do wish you all the best in the restaurant business. The presentation of the menu looks attractive. I hope that a lot of the people will always eat there. I am sorry I live too far away.

jahjahwarrior

Mar 14, 2017
Ocio is owned by a dr1er?? I like the place but sometimes the service is incredibly slow. I waited half an hour for a drink once and didn't go back for months, but I have to admit I have started going back again. Good drinks and good prices!

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Ocio is owned by a dr1er?? I like the place but sometimes the service is incredibly slow. I waited half an hour for a drink once and didn't go back for months, but I have to admit I have started going back again. Good drinks and good prices!

Yup, I'm glad you started coming again, sorry about the service, it's definitely a point that we are constantly working to improve on!

joof

Jul 10, 2012
Hey

I'm in Santiago for the whole summer. Let me know if that number you left still works. I can ask my Dominican friends to find the restaurant with me

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
Giving some feedback sayonara.

Ordered ribs & Buffalo chicken wings from Ocio using Uber Eats.

Ribs very good, super tender, sauce could be better.

Chicken wings were awful, probably some of the worst I had tbh. they arrived smushy, very small and just not good.

Service with uber eats was excellent both times.

Amu

Oct 4, 2010
My partner and i go to Ocio all the time, the atmosphere is great with a very hip and healthy mix, and literally one of the VERY FEW places in town where you can actually see social classes mixed together (dominican yorks, popis (dominican for rich kids lol), regular folks, denbow fanatics, gays, straights, etc etc), and that's really HARD to achieve, so kudos to the owner/manager. The food is good (speed of service should could be better indeed cause sometimes food ends up being super cold), but the drinks are really good and overall it looks like they've found a winning formula cause the place is always packed when i go.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

Chicken wings were awful, probably some of the worst I had tbh. they arrived smushy, very small and just not good.

Give the restaurant honest feedback and tell them that you want the wings crispy. Better than that buy some wings in a supermarket and make them yourself. The key to make crispy wings is coating them with a seasoned flour or corn starch mixture. Put in the fridge after coating for minimum of 12 hours. Bake in an oven at 450 degrees for an hour. Flip wings half way through. Coat with your favorite wing sauce. These are much better than anything found in the DR.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Hi everyone..

I just bought a restaurant in Los Jardines and I would love if some DR1ers would come out tonight and give us a try .. I will offer an additional 25% discount for today just for mentioning DR1 at the bar. This is my first time in the restaurant business and I would really love to have some ex-pats that live in Santiago hang out from time and time ! The music style of the restaurant is mostly reggae (not reggaeton) , spanish rock, and whatever clients request (We use spotify for this). The restaurant's name is Mercato and I have attached our new menu and a screenshot of our location in Los Jardines. We are located on Avenida Metropolitana 300 meters south of la avenida Bartolome Colon.
My name is Thomas and I spend most of my time in the restaurant but if anything you can ask any of the staff for me and I'm excited to meet some DR1ers!

141k4s3.png

2k0okm.png

Download a GPS app for your phone and get the coordinates - and post those. Much easier than an address

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
My partner and i go to Ocio all the time, the atmosphere is great with a very hip and healthy mix, and literally one of the VERY FEW places in town where you can actually see social classes mixed together (dominican yorks, popis (dominican for rich kids lol), regular folks, denbow fanatics, gays, straights, etc etc), and that's really HARD to achieve, so kudos to the owner/manager. The food is good (speed of service should could be better indeed cause sometimes food ends up being super cold), but the drinks are really good and overall it looks like they've found a winning formula cause the place is always packed when i go.

Where is Ocio? Not heard of it. Thanks!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
To NnSanPedro: Ocio is on Avenida Metropolitana, about a short, very short, block off Bartolomé Colón. It is on the right from Bartolomé Colón, and, of course, on the left coming from 27 de Febrero, just a block past the park (in the Jardines Metropolitanos).

Hope this helps

HB

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012

Thanks for your comments, tbh, wings aren't the best travelers sometimes, someone gave a recipe and it's pretty close to what we use.. What happens with crispy wings that get delivered is the coating slowly steams itself over the course of being delivered, I'd love to offer you a chance to come in restaurant and offer you some fresh wings on the house!!

Reactions: Michael DR

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
Wow I really didn't keep up with this thread, our menu is now available at ociogastropub.com/menu , as far as hours etc follow us at @ociogastropub since things are changing on a weekly basis depending on when we can be open and when we can't lol.. any questions just hit us up on instagram or whatsapp me personally at 8295493103

Reactions: Michael DR