Wow! Ready for gulash??

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheHun

May 4, 2008
" Glad you enjoyed it. Sounds like we need to plan a day trip to the beach and to try this out! Of course we'll have to find beans and rice for the dama and the damitas and also too I need to get paid before we go, haha."

Chip,
We will go together next time.
What rice and beans for the girls?? Finally they can eat some good for the price of the dominican food. ;) :bunny: :bunny:
Their chicken soup is also excellent. Well, that is for Patricio, americans don't eat much soup anyway....

The Hun

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I have not seen the writing on the wall so to speak, is it opposite the little cafe on the right that sells pizza for 25 pesos, the only place ive noticed on the left is a dance school and is j blue still open or has it gone the way of the Indian restaurant, also why does no-one do any advertising round these parts ? can anyone explain that ?

TheHun

May 4, 2008
I have not seen the writing on the wall so to speak, is it opposite the little cafe on the right that sells pizza for 25 pesos, the only place ive noticed on the left is a dance school and is j blue still open or has it gone the way of the Indian restaurant, also why does no-one do any advertising round these parts ? can anyone explain that ?

I wish I could give you directions, but a friend of mine took us there.
Unfortunately I visited Sosua only two times so far and I still could get lost. ;)
All I remember is the big tent church - almost like a circus. You can't miss that. :)
And there are huge painted letters on the wall: Hungarian Restaurant and a tripod with a cooking pot. Both times we vent, there where 5-6 cars parked at the front.
I hope you can find it. Let us know your opinion about it!

The Hun

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I still find it weird that no one ever advertises anything- do they expect people to just appear by magic

TheHun

May 4, 2008
What is the name of the new Hungarian Restaurant in Sosua?

It's just called Hungarian Restaurant. Kind of weird, but no name.

"I still find it weird that no one ever advertises anything- do they expect people to just appear by magic"

I think the reason might be for this because it's kind of a small family business and they are afraid of the huge traffic at once. I thought there where quite few people know about it. I didn't asked them if they advertised a lot or not. I know that they are working on a web page, because I offered a link exchange for them, but that's all.

The Hun

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006

Don't know the little pizza place nor the dance school JR but have seen the 'writing on the wall' saying Hungarian restaurant...

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Don't know the little pizza place nor the dance school JR but have seen the 'writing on the wall' saying Hungarian restaurant...

I have seen it as well but that does not mean it will last any longer than the Indian Restaurant that lasted a couple of months or the person who took over that failed establishment and did not last that long.

These are at the end of town so no one will attend so I better try it before this place fails as well.

Does anyone do any market research before losing their inheritence or whatever funds you were able to save to do this nonsense.

Advertising will help but there are only so many restaurants and so many residents and tourists and they all sell frozen french fries.

I drive by all of them every day and there is never more than 6 - 10 persons in any of them except for friday night.

The playero has a great selection to just cook at home but I wish all restaurants well and wish they would succeed however Sosua is what it is.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
People open a business and dont want too many people ? hmmm theres something wrong with this somewhere

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Advertising will help but there are only so many restaurants and so many residents and tourists and they all sell frozen french fries.

I drive by all of them every day and there is never more than 6 - 10 persons in any of them except for friday night..

Even printing up some flyers with a little map, menu snippets, etc and having some cute chicas handing them out at beach or pedro clisante at nite would help. The cost would be minimal

Even established places would benifit from a little advertising - there are always new people coming to town. Why not pursue them?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Even printing up some flyers with a little map, menu snippets, etc and having some cute chicas handing them out at beach or pedro clisante at nite would help. The cost would be minimal

Even established places would benifit from a little advertising - there are always new people coming to town. Why not pursue them?

Great idea Roberto...perhaps the Goulash Chicas could wear these?

9zlrfd.jpg

TheHun

May 4, 2008
Remember me ? Zaza the goulash hound
rasta.jpg

Hahaha! It's a Puli, a typical hungarian sheep dog.
Now that is an other 100% hungarian thing beside the goulash.
Long time ago my grandparents had one. I use to put sunglasses on his head and called him Marley - for the obvious reason ;)
My parents has one now, but I haven't see that one yet..

The Hun

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
We should try this restaurant, i love gulash!! :)
I had dinner there again last night. Not an expert on gulash but it seemed good with the right spices. I'll let the experts comment on the rest. Yea, the "ambiance" and prices are still great.

Chelleyyyyy

Apr 7, 2007
I hope they're still open when I come in Feb.!
I'm Hungarian heritage, so a little taste of home will be nice while im away!

Reactions: mike l
Status
Not open for further replies.