Wow! Ready for gulash??

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I drove by and basically this is dining in somebody's drive way and under the garage in case it's raining.

If they posted a menu and if the food is good I would buy some if it was delivered.

This is a gated home and they offer their driveway as a restaurant when the gate is open!

Tell me I'm wrong.....please.!!!

Last edited:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I drove by and basically this is dining in somebody's drive way and under the garage in case it's raining.

If they posted a menu and if the food is good I would buy some if it was delivered.

This is a gated home and they offer their driveway as a restaurant when the gate is open!

Tell me I'm wrong.....please.!!!
Mike you're half right. They have a small terrace, 4 tables with umbrellas on the left and yes a few tables in the garage area IMHO nicely disposed. There is also a dining area inside and a cute bar. I think they kept the dance floor. As mentioned previously it is run by a couple of ladies with one waiter (Could be a son). Don't expect all the bells and whistles of a big restaurant but nice and cozy in its own way. I guess someone either likes it or doesn't. As for the food, as I mentioned it tasted good to me on both occasions I've dined here. As for the goulash I'm far from an expert and will let someone with more experience comment on that.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Mike you're half right. They have a small terrace, 4 tables with umbrellas on the left and yes a few tables in the garage area IMHO nicely disposed. There is also a dining area inside and a cute bar. I think they kept the dance floor. As mentioned previously it is run by a couple of ladies with one waiter (Could be a son). Don't expect all the bells and whistles of a big restaurant but nice and cozy in its own way. I guess someone either likes it or doesn't. As for the food, as I mentioned it tasted good to me on both occasions I've dined here. As for the goulash I'm far from an expert and will let someone with more experience comment on that.

Thanks,

Come to think of it I have eaten in these types of places in Europe and they are usually worth a try.

I must be getting old !

nomads

Oct 31, 2007
We definatly hope they are still open when we are down again in Feb as the wife( The pest from Pest) is Hungarian.

TheHun

May 4, 2008
We definatly hope they are still open when we are down again in Feb as the wife( The pest from Pest) is Hungarian.

I was there again in the last weekend and they are there, the food is still very good, the prices are the same low.

Nomads; your Hungarian wife will be a good judge for the place. ;)

The Hun

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Ate there Friday night. It is much nicer place than everyone is letting on. About a 2 minute car ride away from the tourist area in a very quite section. Great place to bring your better half when you want a private and very relaxed atmosphere. The Goulash is offered in 2 variations. One is a Goulash soup, which I didn't have and the other is a plate of their homemade noodles with medium sized pieces of beef with a delicious beef/with a hint of wine gravy. This I had. Portions are huge so you may want to split a dinner. Talked to the owner and they have a 5 year plan. They are hopeing Sosua (tourist area) in the next 5 years will slowly creep up to them. Yes, the son is the waiter and none of them speak English or Spanish. The menu is I guess Hungarian with English underneath each dinner selection. Very nice, but I am sticking with Rockys. Nothing tastes like their Bar-b-que.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Actually the son speaks English.

Bob K

Friday night he wasn't there and nobody was able to tell me if he spoke English. There was some kind of emergency he had to attend to. But that is good to hear. It would be very difficult without at least one person that could speak English. There was a family friend there that spoke excellent English and he helped.

Papa Benito

Dec 5, 2006
Hungarian

Excellent food--better than anything similar that i found living in Chicago for 25 years. Big quantities and very reasonably priced!

Status
Not open for further replies.