www.cabarete.org

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
I saw that www.cabarete.org was available about a year ago and thought that's a good, first level domain name to still be available' so bought it quick. Only then did I start to think 'what am I going to do with it?!!!???:cheeky:

I initially thought about doing a review of the restaurants & bars in the town, then I thought it might be a good place to put my photos.

Finally, after a year of doing nothing, I decided to learn a bit more about putting a simple web site together. I've done the first couple of pages.

Would some of you kind folk have a look and give me some feedback? Is the text okay (any factual errors in the first place!) And also, does it look okay in your browser?

I'm going to add more content reasonably soon, in particular the bars bit. I'm also going to force myself to visit more bars next time I'm in Cabarete! ;)

Please note, it's a non-commercial site, so hopefully it's okay to post this on the forum? Oh, and it links to DR1... obviously!;) The next bit (as long as the first bit appears to be okay) is to teach myself how to put a gallery together, opening in another frame. Talking of 'frames' if anyone is still using a browser that doesn't use frames, I'd appreciate a comment from them, as I'm not 100% sure I did the 'no frames' tag right or not?

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Personally Keith, I do not like you color combinations, softer colors for backgrounds are generally recommended by website builders. Colours like white and aqua blue are much more soothing to the eyes.

Indeed, indeed... this advice could be of some use to another major DR related website...

But the sponsors and other folks paying the bills seem to enjoy aggressive colors nowadays... maybe it sells more stuff ???

drny

Jun 12, 2007
Not a bad start, Keith. When you start posting your restaurant reviews on the site I'm sure a few pictures to go along with each location would be appreciated.
Good luck.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I like the chatty style of your content. Should get people's attention. Personally I don't like the mustard yellow background (although the combination of yellow & green is one which ought to resonate when you consider my Irish background........;)).

One suggestion: when you're discussing whether or not to take anti-malarial medications, could you include that if taken they should be taken on a full not an empty stomach? (For reasons we all know about.)

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
Thanks for the feedback so far, looks like 'golden sand' background with 'palm tree green' isn't going to be a hit!

It will be next week before I can change anything, but please, anymore feedback appreciated. Malaria comment duly noted and will appear in the next revision (as will the typos my wife pointed out!)

I've got some photos of beach-bars but will have to get more next time I'm over there. At the moment, that looks like January, although I'm already getting withdrawal symptoms, having not been there for nearly six weeks!

Marazul

Apr 19, 2007
Im going on the first week of september to cabarete! :p ....any mexican restaurants there?

Status
Not open for further replies.