Yet Another Gringa Stricken By Los Dominicanos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Okay - I will bite again...

I appreciate the warnings, I really do. But none of you know who I am or what I am capable of and what abilities I have and don't have in regards to taking care of myself.

Everyone goes on and on about how the Sankies make a living out of taking advantage of the gringas... and that is a true shame, but you have to have a heart before it can be broken. I have taken great care in locking mine away when it comes to doing my job, and I probably know how to read people just as well as the Sankie knows how to read a love-starved gringa.

Sure, I want to find love. Who doesn't? Do I think it's possible in the DR? Highly unlikely.

So in the meantime, I am going to look at the eye candy, enjoy a dance or two, and give off no vibes that I am going to give them my number, go home with them or do anything else that is equally stupid and unsafe.

It's all in how us gringas present ourselves.

The Sankies know who to mess with and who to not mess with, and I don't think I give off "c-tease" vibes.

I am pretty forward with my disdain of the "amorcito" talk and all the BS games they try... but then again, this has been only with dominicanos living in the states or talking to me through the internet. Maybe I'll come down to the DR and turn into a total idiot... but I don't think so. My eye rolling of their silly talk won't ever stop. I can hear the falseness shining through their pretty decent love act.

why mess with the Gigolos/sankies ? Get yourself a real Dominican man/player, less drama :)

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
cant you find some nice people to associate with instead.....why go bottom scraping so to speak

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
What I was trying to say is that behavior is perceived different by the men in the DR than in NY. In NY they are used to seeing women at clubs acting provocatively. They don't take it as a chance to get lucky. In the DR if you did those things they think you are looking for it. Hell, if you dance with them once they start calling you their girlfriend or wife. They get possessive real quick! You have a lot to learn about the culture of the Dominican man IN the DR.
You certainly have the looks and the confidence to be successful in attracting the men on the island. Don't let that swell up your pretty little head. They will fall for any woman that they think can better their life.
I am not trying to sound mean. I am being honest but you seem to have it all figured out so go for it. Have a blast. Make sure you have a friend covering your back.

Status
Not open for further replies.