You Snooze, You Lose!

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
That's a truly stupid thing to do if she is, unless they are desperate for cash. She will pay tax on the capital gains, and then inheritance tax again when he dies. Good job she has no idea what it's worth.
I think his Sosua Assets are Minor compared to his Other Holdings .
I once heard he owns like 50% of the largest Diaper Factory in the DR ? or something like that .

Reactions: Big

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I once heard he owns like 50% of the largest Diaper Factory in the DR ? or something like that .

Yes but the principle still stands. If someone is close to death, there is no point in selling off their assets as you'll pay tax twice and end up with almost nothing.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Yes but the principle still stands. If someone is close to death, there is no point in selling off their assets as you'll pay tax twice and end up with almost nothing.
Especially if she would inherit them upon his death

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
I was not disputing any of that , and don't exactly know if the spouse would get the Hotel Asset upon his passing , and what taxes are involved then .
I am just saying that he has many other Bigger Holdings , and who knows what the family wishes ..

or maybe ( this is my guess) they are just trying to get SUCKER offers since they know it will be on the market for real at some point in the near future
.. There seems to be a Pattern of this in Sosua .. people asking for 200 or 300% for what something is worth .. I think the New Garden Hotel has been for Sale for like 10 years , at some ridiculously High price, just in case a Sucker comes along .

Reactions: CristoRey

Big

Apr 24, 2019
he ran good night clubs for years

Reactions: jd426

Rumble2005

Mar 18, 2006
It is a shame this place has declined so much over the years.
We stayed there in the first 6-12 months of its existence. This was way back in 2003.
At the time the food and service were exceptional (even for a AI which you can no longer pay me to stay at).
The views were top notch and likely still are. If their is a better view of Sousa Bay than the view from this property I have not seen it.
By about 2006 we stopped staying there as everything but the view was deteriorating. The food was bad, buildings were deteriorating and service had declined.
I also loved the location. Although it was an AI the public beach (formerly my favorite beach anywhere) and the town are literally at the doorstep.
So many AI's are out by themselves in the middle of nowhere (Punta Cana) . I hate that.

Anyhow, we no longer vacation in Sosua and we no longer vacation at AI's as we grew out of them.

I did truly enjoy our time there back in the early days of this place opening.

Reactions: jd426 and JD Jones