Your electricity bill will go up this month

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Nice to hear from you bob but you are in error in your reply.
Its your old bugaboo, reading comprehension.
I never said the DR had the second highest electric in the world.
When you do not understand re reading is your friend.
Only quoting Diariolibre.

Glad to hear your electric bill is "peanuts".
So you quote something that is completely wrong. You didn't have the intellectual curiosity to verify Diaro Libre?

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
The bickering and insults stop now!

Zoom, Bob and Hijo you are on thin ice, so back off.

Gadfly

Jul 7, 2016
Yesterday in my apartment my power went off for 5 hours, yet all other apartments had power and the whole street also. Just ME without luz. How does THAT happen? I pay my bills. Went to Edenorte today, “we’ll send a tech and let you know”. No word back. Powers on.
Only here 🇩🇴😊. Now back to this silly company raising rates to feed the squirrels who run the tread mills to power the city.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Yesterday in my apartment my power went off for 5 hours, yet all other apartments had power and the whole street also. Just ME without luz. How does THAT happen? I pay my bills. Went to Edenorte today, “we’ll send a tech and let you know”. No word back. Powers on.
Only here 🇩🇴😊. Now back to this silly company raising rates to feed the squirrels who run the tread mills to power the city.
That could have been a number of things. Something like a corroded connection at your meter, for example.

Reactions: Gadfly and JD Jones

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com

That has happened here in Boca Chica once last year. It was over 24 hours but they came and fixed the feed from the pole. It is frustrating!

Reactions: Gadfly

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
That happened to us a few years ago. We had a credit with CEPM of over 15,000 pesos and they cut our power. Had a friend call them and explain it and they said it was an error and would turn it back on within 2 hours which they did.

They charged us 500 pesos for a reconnect charge. We fought them for 3 months just out of principle and never did get it back. I guess for 500 pesos it makes a pretty good story.

Reactions: drstock and Gadfly

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
That has happened here in Boca Chica once last year. It was over 24 hours but they came and fixed the feed from the pole. It is frustrating!
That cable whatever it is called cable de carga in espanee, are generally by default aluminum. Doesn't take long before they turn to dust. Any significant load from the home and one should invest in a piece made of copper. Edenorte is generally kind enough to mount it for you for a tip.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
When they rewired the area here a while back, they used aluminum wire for the feeds to our 2 houses.

Five times the connections burned up causing low or complete loss of power.
Almost loss a refrigerator because of it.

We paid the contractors to replace the feeds with copper wire last week after the 6th shut-down.

Aluminum and copper wire don't mix very well. (Our houses are wired with copper)

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
You on a "24 hour circuit"?
Insult to injury.
If you are going to live here, its one of those gated communities that surcharge you for the electricity they supply with their generators, go solar or get a small
diesel generator.
The electric surcharges in the gated communities will make Eden Notrtes rates look like "peanuts" as one of our fellows posts.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
That cable whatever it is called cable de carga in espanee, are generally by default aluminum. Doesn't take long before they turn to dust. Any significant load from the home and one should invest in a piece made of copper. Edenorte is generally kind enough to mount it for you for a tip.
Had our connection burn up in a nice fire soon after new meters were installed. The had directly connected copper and aluminum together. When they replaced the burned wiring, the fellow who did it was informed enough to use the special connectors needed to mate copper with aluminum.

Our electric costs are not a major concern, their constant turning off of the power for maintenance is far more of an issue.

Reactions: Luperon

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Had our connection burn up in a nice fire soon after new meters were installed. The had directly connected copper and aluminum together. When they replaced the burned wiring, the fellow who did it was informed enough to use the special connectors needed to mate copper with aluminum.

Our electric costs are not a major concern, their constant turning off of the power for maintenance is far more of an issue.
Just like when you sit in the same traffic for the same construction on the same piece of the LIE for 5 years. The mob builds shit to break.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Just like when you sit in the same traffic for the same construction on the same piece of the LIE for 5 years. The mob builds shit to break.
Thankfully I never spent much time in that part of NY.

What is the ultimate rate currently scheduled to be charged and when does that final number kick in?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006

Evidently, what they used at my house was not correct.
Luz-Connector-Alum.jpg

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004

Have had several issues with the aluminum to copper transition. What do these connections look like? Or is it better to pay to have copper wires installed? I actually have some seriously thick copper wire in storage.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
EdeNorte - Santiago

My bill this month (January using Current KW Rates) for 288 kw was $1,913.60
Using the rates in effect prior to these rate changes, my bill woud have been $1,638.61

An increase of $274.99