• Through the media.

Votes: 9 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 50 19.2%

• Total voters

Lapurr

Bronze
Jan 25, 2008
Our first trip was 2006', I thought "I need a vacation", we had traveled to Cuba, All over Mexico, Hawaii, Europe and then DR..I don't think I will ever revisit those spots again, DR we fell in love with, the first couple trips were many tours, having two teenage girls with me (16&18), they did everything-quads,dolphins,parks,sailing,catamarans,parasailing,Saona Island,Catalina Island,dune buggies,jeep safari,sharks...it just goes on and on!! And every single excursion was an adventure.

Now that we've done all of that, I want to enjoy the Island and it's people, I would like to get away from the resorts and rent a condo, however I feel really safe in a resort, and I know the girls are safe in the resort as well, so I just have to familiarize myself some more with the surroundings. I should note, I have never felt unsafe at any given time even walking out of the resort.

We would really like to go to Santo Domingo and San Pedro for a couple of days!! would it be wise for 3 girls to venture out on such a trip? or is a guide recommended?

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I clicked "other", maybe I should have selected "word of mouth". Whatever. I think it was Dominicans abroad (back in Europe) that started my awareness about the country, the people and the culture(s). Word of mouth? Maybe more than that...

... J-D.

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
My first trip was in 1996, I got married to a fellow Brit in a swanky hotel in Playa Dorada. Subsequently, I fell out of love with him and totally in love with the Dominican Republic! It has lasted 12 years and shows no signs of wearing off!!!

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
I was reading all of Nals excellent postings on the internet and wanted to learn more so I moved here.

jalencastro

Bronze
Dec 15, 2004
www.myspace.com
my wife is Dominican! :)
we met in NYC in 2001
travelled to DR together [my first time] in 2003
i fell in love with her family and the island ever since and have gone back at least once every year!

Jaime

Last edited:

Penelope

Mar 31, 2008
My son has fallen in love with cabrara in the dominican republic - now hes got me planning a trip there. I've been to cabrera at least a million times on google earth. I would like to locate some better road maps (dirt) included so I can plan my route for my two week trip in October. I'll be traveling down east from Cabrera onto the paninsular of Samana- Could really use a detailed map - Thanks Penelope

Penelope

Mar 31, 2008
Detailed maps

Could use a better map of the Northern coast of the dominican republic including and expecially the pininsular of samanau

DRExplorer

Jan 1, 2007
DR is my Paradise.

Met a friend, told me to go and I did.

I've been to many places before going to DR. I came here because I wanted a change of scenery. I fell in love with DR instantly. I came for many reasons, the people, the beaches, the music, the local beer and of course, the ladies. I am grateful that I came. DR is my Paradise!

drtechnology

May 18, 2008
I did other. I have a friend whom is Dominicanyor, and I was reasearching her heratige and the DR Culture, and found this nice site ;-)

Norma Rosa

Bronze
Feb 20, 2007
Born there, of parents born there
grandparents as well.
I thank all of you for loving Quisquella.

Remember this song?

Quisquella la tierra de mis amores,
de suave brisa,
de lindas flores
tra, la,la, la (forgot the words)

En mis cantares, linda Quisquella,
Yo te comparo
con una estrella.
La estrella solitaria que alumbra mi vida
Quisquella, divina.

luxaeterna

Sep 7, 2007
Last August we were booked for the Mayan Riviera. Hurricane Dean came through just as we were to leave and our trip was canceled. We booked Punta Cana for the week after and completely fell in love. I've been back three times since (2 resorts, 1 apartment) and it gets harder and harder each time to come home and leave the country, friends and culture that are becoming so dear and "home-like" to me.