Government giving free title to residents renting the land from municipalities. ?

rover

Aug 19, 2007
A friend of mine living in a house she bought but the title is held by the municipality in Bayaguana whom she was paying a yearly small rent to said that there is a government program, and they are now in the process of doing surveys and will be turning over title to the occupants.

Can anyone confirm this ?

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
I think that it probably is correct. There is more or less the same situation in a part of Caleta in la Romana . A deputation of residents went to see the President a few weeks ago as they suspected that there was also some funny business going on.

Reactions: rover

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
They've been giving out titles since Abinader took office. He's awarded more than all of the past 3-4 presidents combined.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
They've been giving out titles since Abinader took office. He's awarded more than all of the past 3-4 presidents combined.

Oh boy I wish that was true in our case. Mr AE’s parents built their house on government owned land in SD about 60 years ago. He and his brothers approached them about 10 years ago to buy the land. They’ve been paid a couple of million pesos for awhile now, in full, but getting the title has been a nightmare. Property has been sold, almost paid in full, vacated, but no settlement because they haven’t released the title. I’m talking years.

• Sad
Reactions: rover and JD Jones

mykulairon

Jul 14, 2012
I’m fighting this right now in San Pedro De Macorís. Father in law died ( not before we purchased his lot from him) and even with his signature beside a copy of his ID, my lawyer and 2 other witnesses that saw the signing and exchange of money, his “girlfriend”/ baby momma claimed the land. I’ve been fighting since 2020 now while she’s been renting out and collecting monies from the property on site. The day the papers come through, I’m going to bulldoze everything!

M4kintosh

May 23, 2023
Santiago De Los Caballeros
And he's more proud than a peacock saying this on media. During last debate, he mentioned, too.