Anyone ever failed the medical exam?

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
I'm not expecting it, but I'm wondering what would happen if one were to fail the medical exam, e.g. testing positive for some substance. Will they let you challenge the results or take it again?

I just recently had my medical exam, and I just realized that I ate two large pieces of poppy seed cake about four days earlier. Hopefully that would have been out of my system by the time of the exam.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Hmmmm...is that what they call it now? I hope for your sake it was out of your system, cause I don't think you can challenge the medical exam. BTW it would help if you said WHAT medical exam you're referring to?

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
At this moment you can appeal the judgement, by the end of February this will be scrubbed and failure is failure, adios!

We are in the beginning of Feb and so your tests will be processed by then and so nothing to worry about other than the appeal, IF they trace anything dodgy.

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
Hmmmm...is that what they call it now? I hope for your sake it was out of your system, cause I don't think you can challenge the medical exam. BTW it would help if you said WHAT medical exam you're referring to?

It was the blood and urine test at Migracion. Yes it really was poppy seed cake. I don't use drugs and never have.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
My lawyer told me of a woman who was failed, she had Hep C. She also had property here, and two children, they still refused her. Lotto!!

Aug 21, 2007
Someone recently told me that they got a call regarding their residency that there was something about their lung x-ray that needed to be discussed. While we can fault migration for not passing us on the exam, shouldn't we also thank them for discovering medical problems we were not previously aware of?

Lindsey

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Depends how serious, some things I'd rather not know:cross-eye

It's got to be a bummer for those going for residency and being refused on HIV/AIDs grounds..........phwoah, what a bad day:tired:

Abuela

Bronze
May 13, 2006
Yes it does. I worked for a company which required lab tests before hiring and a wonderful fully qualified candidate for a job was denied because he had a poppy seed muffin the same morning as the test. When I was at migracion for renewal I met a woman who had just been denied because the HRTt(hormone replacement therapy)she took caused her to fail the drug test and she was going to hire a lawyer to request a review.