Government Investigating Police Extortion Of Tourist

westcan

Sep 10, 2008
Read the article in Spanish here: Regionales

It is more believable. if I read it correctly, according to the tourist, he is the one who went to the pharmacy to buy HER some medicine. Meanwhile she robbed him of the 9000 pesos and his credit card. He confronted her, then called the manager of the hotel. They called the police, and the police came, but they arrested him for beating her. The rest is more or less what was reported in the Sosua News. She, by the way, had apparently been arrested 8 times already for theft.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
no direct link there, did you mean this: DISPONEN INVESTIGACI?N SOBRE DENUNCIA DE EXTORSI?N DE TURISTA EUROPEO

the article does not really say much:
Sosua.- El Inspector del Comando Regional Norte Polic?a Nacional, General Ram?n E. Ciriaco N??ez, afirm? la ma?ana de hoy, haber informado de inmediato al jefe de la Instituci?n sobre la denuncia de extorci?n hecha por el turista europeo Hatsteinn Intimundarson, quien denunci? haber tenido que pagar 151,000 pesos para salir en liberta del cuartel PN de Cabarete, afirm? ser?n sancionado todos los que participaron sin distinci?n de rango.
El general Manifest? que el Jefe Policial, de inmediato manifest? no permitir? acciones re?idas con la ley por parte de ningunos de sus miembros y dispuso la realizaci?n de una investigaci?n, para establecer responsabilidades.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Tambo - no it is not one of mine ! but I do agree with DV8.

I think it comes from these sources : Detras Del Rumor, Noticias ENN, Ola TV

Olly ( no Team this time )

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
and this translation is done by one eyed mongolian shepherd who only speaks fluent goat. i understand now. thank you.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Ken, Deviate , They are actually Dutch but translate into English, and German from the Dominican press so it is pretty good really ! Some articles come directly from the locals and then get translated into Dutch, German and English. In a way it is much better than DR1 and you Ken merely copy them to DR1. Shame you dont add something!

Olly and - yes the Team this time !!!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i appreciate the efforts, olly. it would be nice, however, if the translator actually spoke the languages he's working with :) ;) an in this case it seems that sosua news article was based not on the text form detras the rumor but maybe just a story from someone involved.

now i wonder, actually, what's the deal here. did it go as related by detras de rumor or by sosua news?

straight as a corkscrew, this.

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
DV9 - remember the film - Lost in Translation -well a lot of that happen here. But we all need to get back to the OP!!!

Olly and the Team

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
DV* - you have been demoted - No I would not say that - do not be nice ever - but I would say be cautious.

OLLY - no Team

Lobo Tropical

Silver
Aug 21, 2010
the heart of the story is a lie. .

Who is doing the real lying?
What was the crime and what was the payment for?
Have a look at the seal.
Bufete de Abogado- Bienes Raices Jimmy Hidalgo.
Will we hear about the result of the investigation?

If false charges are made up to extort tourists or residents that's what needs to be addressed.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
Another epic fail, 151.000 pesos paid for cheap pussy. That's why I always say that it's better to go to Panama to enjoy classy Colombian whores than get in trouble with Dominican or Haitian trash.

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
Another epic fail, 151.000 pesos paid for cheap pussy. That's why I always say that it's better to go to Panama to enjoy classy Colombian whores than get in trouble with Dominican or Haitian trash.
Classy whores? Isn't that concept an oxymoron to begin with?

H.concience

Jul 17, 2013
Turists also have the idea dominicans are friendly kind and honest people. But where ever you are DR, usa,france or tokyo giving your card to someone is just naive and stupid!

Homairy

Banned
Oct 13, 2013

Classy whores, isn't that an oxymoron?