Punta Cana Airport (PUJ) Taxi Rates

fernandodiaz

Mar 27, 2005
Hi,
Can someone please tell me how much it would be for a taxi from Punta Cana airport to Boca Chica please. We are 2 adults and 2 children goign for 2 weeks and lookign for a return fare.
Thanks in advance:ermm:

papi201

Dec 2, 2010
hi, i need a transfer from Punta Cana Airport to Bavaro. Can sombody tell me what's the normal price? Thanks

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
at the Airport at the Arrival Area where the Cabbies have their Stand they have a very large Sign which show's all their Rates to all the differnt Hotels, their Rates are Fix and not negociable, Rates are always for up to 4 Persons per Ride including Luggage, as stated on their Sign extra persons add up a extra to the Fee per Extra Person, also the Night shift hours add up to the shown Rates. it is all stated on their Sign.

for a Ride from the airport to somewhere in the middle of the wide bavaro Area you can expect $30-$35.- per Ride for up to 4 passengers on Daytime.

Have a great Time in bavaro

Mike

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
As already mentioned, a taxi you get at the airport is US$35 from Punta Cana to the greater Bavaro area. Sometimes there can be a rush of taxi drivers vying for your business and it's not always the most welcoming experience after a long flight.

Our airport transfers at Punta Cana have a cost of US$40 from PUJ to Bavaro for 1-5 persons. You will have a driver waiting with your name and a bottle of water waiting for each client in the van :)

It's also a relief when you don't have to explain where you're going because with prearranged transfers, the driver already knows where to take you.

It really depends on what the client wants.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
I never found the Cabbies at the PC Airport to be a Rush, as there are only 2 Taxci Companies present/allowed for the Rides to Bavaro, and they are both working together as One Association, they share the same Cabby Stand and they have their common Turn "who will get the next Customer". each cabby driver has exactly His Turn of Who will get the next Customer/Ride.

Mike

Caribbeandreamto

Advertiser
Mar 26, 2011
caribbeandreamto.net
I'm simply going by what some of our clients have stated. Maybe "rush" was a strong word but I normally get asked several times if I need a taxi when passing through PUJ. As I mentioned, it depends on what the client wants.

DSC01764.jpg

papi201

Dec 2, 2010
Barcelo Premium Punta Cana

Hi, i changed my hotel to the Barcelo Premium in Punta Cana. The hotel can take care of a taxi, but they ask 15 dollar for every person. If you are alone you have to pay 45 dollar. I am arriving at 5.30 pm in Punta Cana. Are there other persons to share the taxi? If not, can you tell me what a regular taxi at the airport costs for this trip? I think 45 dollar is too much.

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
When people are going to understand that paying 35$ for a ride to Bavaro is a rip-off?????
Maybe lot of money in their pockets, so they dont mind ...
Last time I did that ride for around 19$ paying in pesos ...

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
it is not about how far, it is about that it is a RIP-OFF. It is a constant fight to be avoiding rip-offs from the first time you just land in this paradise ... get ready! ;)
I am used to bargain all the time with taxi drivers and tell directly to their faces if they think I am idiot, retard, or so when they tell me the price of any ride ... After some minutes of discussion I always get a price that is around 40% off from their first price ... Vaya lucha hay que tener siempre en estas tierras!!! ;)

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
back to El Cortecito, so back to Punta Cana airport, dealing again with the same shi... with taxi drivers. Finally went home for 23USD instead of the famous 33, and because i was really tired and plenty of luggage, so not much energy to bargain hard.
I keep saying, dont pay those prices, I have never done, so that means that those prices are inflated ...