any dominicans in london\south area?

sarita

May 5, 2005
hi all, how long did it take after the interview for ur husband/wife to get their decision? my husband has his interview next week, weve been married for 2 yrs in sept, lived together over there for 2 n half years and have a 14mth old son. my son and i have been back in england for 6 months and we are all eager to be together again.

tracyp

Oct 19, 2005
dominicans in london

Hi ..my husband applied for his visa in April and was here in June..but he didn't have an interview..I do know that if he has an interview they will probably tell him on the day and he can leave straight away.

erica:)

Apr 29, 2007
dominicans living in north london?

just wondering if there is any Dominicans living in North London?? Havent met any yet been living here in london for 6 months now. Lived in Barahona, missing it.

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Hi

Hi Erica

We know a few Dominicans in and around London. My husband is Dominican, from Puerto Plata and we live about 20 mins outside North London in Hertfordshire. We also know Dominicans in Essex, Manchester and Shropshire. Had a few gatherings, check out Dominican Connection, we also have a photo blog which has pics of some of the get togethers.

I believe the DR embassy had a gathering yesterday in Enfield which is in the North London area, unfortunately we couldn't make it. Where abouts in North London are you?

Feel free to contact me by PM or email

x

jooles

May 10, 2007
dominicans in england

hi,
im helping a dominican to get his visa to visit england, what info do i need from him, and what do i have to do from this end??:cheeky:
julianne xx

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
Hi

Not sure how easy it is to get a visitors visa to the UK but you will need to send your guest a letter of invitation to visit the UK. Your guest will also need to prove that he has money to finance their stay in the UK or you could sponsor them, in which case you would have to provide financial details, payslips, bank accounts etc.

The application has to come from your guest, you can only provide documentation to back up the application. There is more information on UK Visas

x

JasonR

Nov 18, 2006
Well I am not Dominican but I have been living in DR since last year and just returned to London this week

I would be interested in meeting Dominicans here and / or going to cultural events.

dominican_pequena

Aug 6, 2007
Dominican day

Any body intrested in meeting Dominican, well its your lucky day. we hav decided to hold a dominican day on saturday 1st of september in burgess pak. this is the same park where el carnaval del pueblo was held.
we will all meet at the old kent road entrance at approximateky 2pm!

see you guys then !!

Allymich

Nov 13, 2007
OMG... there are dominicans in Basingstoke and south of england..

WOW.. small world .. I live in basingstoke as well...
:bunny:

Simonejones

Apr 1, 2008
Hey....im looking to find if there are any dominicans living in Hamshire area of UK??
I spend as much time in dominican as i can around my work.
I miss the social life alot when im back in southampton... nearest city is London 2 hours to go to any events?!
i have many friends in DR but would like to make contact with people here not just dominicans, its nice to find people with the same interests..

KAREN9

Apr 8, 2008
I Am English But Seeing Someone From Dominican. He Lives There But I See Him Every Three Months At Moment.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I Am English But Seeing Someone From Dominican. He Lives There But I See Him Every Three Months At Moment.

Come on now, it is called The Dominican Republic NOT Dominican. You travel so much to this country,, please called it by its correct name.

ricoperalta

Jun 17, 2011
i live in leeds near manchester and i know about 13 other dominicans maximum over here anyone else live in leeds or near the area???

Catalina

Jun 24, 2011
I am Dominican and I live in South East London. Doesn't seem to be too many of us around this neck of the woods... :)

Saskia

Jun 9, 2005
There are lots of Dominicans in London, surrounding areas. There is a fb group 'Dominicans and friends in uk' and many of them also in 'guerra del rap uk'. Most will go to Carnaval del Pueblo in London on the 31st July too x