Beautiful Dominican Eye Colors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
One of my wife's Doctor's here in Santiago has a German last name, Ottenwalder, but other than his clear blue eyes and mulato looks there is nothing else to distinguish him fromany other typical dominicans - in fact he would be considered between indio and indio oscuro. It turns out that his great grandfather was German.

Also, real blue eyes here in Cibao aren't the most uncommon thing in the world even among people who are considered morenos - and you know the people aren't faking it when they are dressed in common clothes just doing there normal low paying jobs.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
As walk around wherever I may be, it is brown eye color that dominates. Of course people have their exceptions, but in this regard I think you guys are trying to paint a portrait that dominicans have these exotic features when for the most part(PLEASE READ-FOR THE MOST PART) they do not.

This is the DR we are talking about, not Brazil.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
pero senore y que he??

As walk around wherever I may be, it is brown eye color that dominates. Of course people have their exceptions, but in this regard I think you guys are trying to paint a portrait that dominicans have these exotic features when for the most part(PLEASE READ-FOR THE MOST PART) they do not.

This is the DR we are talking about, not Brazil.

It all depends where you travel to. If you go to the Cibao you of course gonna see more light colored eyes and the deeper you go into the mountains the more light color eyes, that's all folks.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Berzin, I have skimmed throught this thread and , I have let you go on and on saying that Dominicans dont look that special and now you are implying that perhaps Brazilians are more exotic than we are... Well, it is a matter of taste if you think that Brazilians are better looking or whatever.

You cannot say that Dominicans are not unique in that you cant just pin-point them out in a crowd and how varied we all are.

We are not all black, we are not all white, and we are all not Indians... We are all very different and it all depends where you stand in the island. Is it a miracle that MY own eyes change color! I have brown eyes that change from honey to dark depending on the day - NOT on what I'm wearing.

Brazilians are good looking, I'm not taking that away from them. But you get a honey-colored, curly haired Dominicana with light eyes next to one of them Calypso dancers and THERE IS COMPETITION there!!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I think the argument in this thread is crystal clear.

X number of people say one thing, one person says something else.

There are plenty of Dominicans with light colored eyes ranging from blue to green to hazel to you name it (yes, brown and light brown as well) and we are talking about the eyes God gave them.

I know because:

A) I'm Dominican and know what I have seen in my people.

B) My family is chock full of people with light color eyes ranging from green to hazel and there is one cousin whose eyes actually change color based on his mood, I'm not kidding.

C) I happen to have green eyes and, oh no, I don't wear contacts or glasses even.

From my understanding, there is a place in Haiti where the people have extremely dark skin and blue eyes. Supposedly, that same area is where polish soldiers in Napoleon's army settle after the unsuccessful attempt of France recapturing the newly independent Haiti. I doubt those people are wearing contacts!

-NALs :cheeky:

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
You know my eyes change color but I'm not Domincan, yet anyway, does that count? hahahaha

I guess I need to get my camera phone fast so I can start documenting the light eyed Cibaenos for AZB's thread and the indians for my thread.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Miguel is right it is in the genes. As someone once said to me"who knows who jumped the fench?" The saying means who knows who in thier family got together with someone from another country? Maybe even a forbidden and hidden romance?
GH19ad with the mixtures of you and your girlfriend you could have 6 kids and each one could look different.
Here's some examples: a Dominican family that I know from San Pedro father is Dominican with ancestors from Spain...Mother is Dominican and who knows what..5 children.. 2 red heads with brown eyes very white skin and freckles...2 brown hair brown eyes very white skin..one dark hair darker eyes and darker brown skin...one Grandchild very blonde,blue eyes and very white skin. That's quite a mix from the same parents.
Myself.. Swedish/who knows what? Ex-husband French Canadian/who knows what? I have very blue eyes blonde hair very white skin...Ex had dark brown hair hazel eyes (change color) light skin. We had 3 kids 2 blond hair dark brown eyes... one dark brown hair with very blue eyes.
Yup it is in the Genes.
I do not know the history of all the areas of the DR but I guess there could be just about any mixture of the genes that you can imagine. I just learned about Cocolo's from Lambada's website. I had heard the word Cocolo but never really know what it meant. Thank's Lambada.
Chip make sure you get some men with nice eyes in those pics!

Nyeden

Sep 2, 2005
Well my Dominican husband has the most beautiful eye color in the world IMAO. His father has blue eyes and his mother has brown eyes. He ended up with a bright hazel multi color iris, with shade of brown and green sometimes they change colors. Very unusual but beautiful indeed.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Noone was talking about who was more beautiful or whatever. Not the point.

But in Brazil you will find more than in the DR people who have exotic features(dark skin and light eyes of whatever color and/or shade) among the general population at large.

I WILL REPEAT FOR THOSE...
WHO DON'T,
CAN'T,
OR REFUSE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I AM SAYING FOR THE SAKE OF HAVING AN EXCUSE TO GET DEFENSIVE.

GENERAL POPULATION AT LARGE.

I am talking about the average dominican walking down the street in Santo Domingo or Puerto Plata or wherever. Yes, there are exceptions. But for the most part its' varying shades of skin color with brown and dark brown eyes.

But as per usual, everyone here has an exception to the rule.

MiXED_LATiNA_CHiCA

May 29, 2007
I have very light green eyes, my mother is a mix of cuban & dominican but her skin is white and she has dark green eyes, and my father is dark skinned, pero not so dark to be called a negrito, he is moreno, but he has dark brown eyes, almost black. Its crazy how much the people around you can change how you feel about you're appearance though, growing up in la RD I loved my eye colour and my light skin, but then when I moved to Inglaterra and was around a lot of dark skinned people of african and jamaican origin, I started to hate my eye colour and light skin, mainly because to them it was so close to being "white"...I think this is because there is hardly any latinos in Inglaterra so people don't really understand about our raza.
Finally I love my eye colour again, ( I actually used to wear brown contacts!!!) and I embrace my light skin with pride, I can't wait to move back to la RD because I feel like I fit in more there and feel more accepted.

Pamela69

Sep 2, 2007
I have 3 kids
my boy has white skin, green eyes and light brown hair
my big daugter has dark skin, brown eyes and black hair
my little daugter has dark skin, blue eyes and blond hair

Every time i was pleasant suprised about my newborn

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
I have 3 kids
my boy has white skin, green eyes and light brown hair
my big daugter has dark skin, brown eyes and black hair
my little daugter has dark skin, blue eyes and blond hair

Every time i was pleasant suprised about my newborn:surprised

Talk about diversity under one roof! Eclectic mix to say the least...

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Every time i was pleasant suprised about my newborn

...hehehe every birth is like a box of chocolate....you don't know what you gonna get.:paranoid:

its weird how genes work, many times I see the mix couples who have some children with curly blond hair and light skin and children with dark skin and dark straight hair and then the rest all different mixes.

DAKRA

Bronze
Feb 21, 2007
I know that I have commented on this before, but I have to share my recent experience with the forum. As many of you know, I have just returned from a 19 day trip to DR. I had a blast! - - I saw many people with various color eyes and they were just beautiful. Amazing at is, the people could be not so good looking normally but when you add the eye color factor, the are just beautiful people. I especially like the guys who have the NATURAL shaped eyebrows. Those who have their eyebrows shaved and shaped are good looking as well, but the fact that those who just go natural are so amazing looking!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Where on earth am I meeting these contact-wearing Dominicans? Everywhere I go. It's colored contacts. If not its' just plain ol' brown and dark brown for eye color.

But I have'nt been to San Jaun or Bani yet, so we'll see.

And the little girl you speak of? Daughter of a puta and her foriegn client-doesn't count. I'm talking about regular everyday Dominicans, like the ones you see hanging out on the malecon playing with their children on a Sunday when the road is closed to traffic or the ones leaving church service on a Sunday in La Vega.

I know numerous Dominicans in Jarabacoa, including my wife's uncle that have blue eyes, green eyes, Hazel eyes, and various shades in between. A lot of these are children and their mothers are not Puta's. My mother-in-law has green eyes. These are all regular every-day Dominicans. You know know nearly as much as you think you do.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I am particularly amazed to see that in the Dominican Republic you can find many people with amber (ambar) colored eyes as well as blueish larimar eyes. Both of these minerals can be found on the island. Is as if people actually came out of the earth. It is a beautiful feature of my friends in the DR.

Another really strange reply that needs comment. Overemphasizing physical attributes that a tiny, small minority of all people on earth, not just dominicans share to make these people sound more exotic than they really are, well, it is just plain weird and I don't know why y'all are engaging in this.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
Another really strange reply that needs comment. Overemphasizing physical attributes that a tiny, small minority of all people on earth, not just dominicans share to make these people sound more exotic than they really are, well, it is just plain weird and I don't know why y'all are engaging in this.

Berzin, are you upset that your eyes are just plain brown baby? you are special nonetheless... no worries. LOL

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
hehhe, I think he has green eyes.

Talldrink, they are in the greenish family... very nice I may add.

Berzin, sometimes its not the color that is important but the life one can see in peoples eyes. I have met people with the most amazing color yet they have no life behind their eyes therefore they are not all that. On the other hand, some people with normal run of the mill eye color can astound you and take your breath away. My opinion... it is the life you can see in ones eyes that makes them special, especially if accompany by a radiant smile.

Lina

Reactions: woofsback
Status
Not open for further replies.