Has anyone done the DR Residence visa via Family Reunification classification?

arete92

Jul 5, 2018

Has anyone done this or can offer their thoughts on it regarding the process? It looks quite straightforward. processing time is very short. I paid a lawyer in DR to do my residency here we are 14 months later - will need to hire another one to babysit her etc.

The only thing I am worried about is documents not being returned to me stuff always gets lost there. Did you need to submit the originals for the marriage certificate and other requested docs ?

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013

Has anyone done this or can offer their thoughts on it regarding the process? It looks quite straightforward. processing time is very short. I paid a lawyer in DR to do my residency here we are 14 months later - will need to hire another one to babysit her etc.

The only thing I am worried about is documents not being returned to me stuff always gets lost there. Did you need to submit the originals for the marriage certificate and other requested docs ?
Your link is about the residency visa process (which is done abroad), so are you asking about that or the residency application (which is done in the DR) process?

arete92

Jul 5, 2018
Your link is about the residency visa process (which is done abroad), so are you asking about that or the residency application (which is done in the DR) process?
First one, is essentially the documents required to do (1) and (2) Right now I am at a document gathering in my home country. The embassies are not very responsive and just don't want to waste time.