budget lodging homes,cabanas etc

pledge

Dec 30, 2009
Me and my girl will be heading around the South Coast of the DR (starting around Bayahabi and ending up in SD) we are planning on stopping at pretty much every place between these two places over a five month period just really taking the time to enjoy our selves ya digg! So get thinking about LaRomana, Boca Chica, Juan Dolio, SanPedrodemacoris etc etc
I have done alot of reading on this site about the types of accomodation available in the Dominican Republic and am aware that in bayahabi there is quite a few options for budget accomodation (we are talking 5 to ten dollars a night TOPS) beach cabanas, budget run down hotels (that do not advertise online), home stays etc.
Any suggestions for the following areas on the for mentioned price,

P.S. Do not post **** telling me it can't be done on this price as I
have all ready gathered a pretty lengthy list but adding to it won't hurt

CHEERS GUYS!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
1. i think you can camp in Boca de Yuma !!
2. Fior di loto in Juan Dolio 8095261146 10 US$ a night

matilda

andy_089

Mar 23, 2003
You could sleep in unfinished construction sites together with the Haitians. There are a lot of them in Juan Dolio, very close to the beach. Just imagine yourself the hundreds of $$$ you save.

pledge

Dec 30, 2009
sounds great bro..**** it ..you should come too ..bring your friends ..try not to **** your self off so hard next time you try to be funny

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
i think it si quite well set up in Boca de Yuma - guy i know took his kids for a week, so can't be that dangerous. Remember 10 US$ a day is 300 a month and there are small studios and apts to rent in Juan Dolio and San Pedro for that or less - for a month. You may have to pay security deposit though.

pledge

Dec 30, 2009
yea do you know any good reality or property wesites ?
Cheers for the feedback Matilda!!

andy_089

Mar 23, 2003
no i was just joking, but i give you a very clear advise... for backpacking holidays you are 10 times better off in central america, where you see and meet backpackers everywhere.

here...the rule #1 is: money talks... bull**** walks

pledge

Dec 30, 2009
we have a very sufficent budget if we were not to find this accomodation ...but we are being as close to the wire as we can with our money ...this island is the last of the Carribbean islands that offers to backpackers ..and soon it will be like Jamaica and won't do this any more ....so I want to take advantage of this while I can!

pledge

Dec 30, 2009
and in regards to eating and drinking at bars etc etc It's almost as cheap as Thailand from what I can gather cheap accomodation is not as plentyfull but Hey ..you got to start some where

amparocorp

Bronze
Aug 11, 2002
from an old taxi driver's point of view, more than twenty years of making a snap judgement before allowing someone into the vehicle, i don't pick up, people with laundry, not going far, groceries, same problem, drunks, backpackers. they want to cover enormous distances for next to free. streetpeople and hustlers don't want to waste time with backpackers, they have to go to western union for 12$ and eat granola bars. they live iin their own bubble, god bless em,,,,,,have a fun trip,,,,,,,,,,,marijuana means jail, serious jail, keep that out of your sack and avoid any that may be around you.............this ain't tibet and tie dye makes you a target.........kids need short haircuts, and not be dirty.......

pledge

Dec 30, 2009
Yea I get you man ..but lay off the steryotype, as I said we are not living for next to nothing ..just trying to sleep for next to nothing so we can spend all our money on other stuff but thanks for the advice

el forastero

Bronze
Oct 25, 2009
I get ya dogg! Who needs a crib when ya got Bling!

6ggf3b.jpg

But seriously:

Best way to find a cheap place to crash is to ask the peeps at the guagua stations in each town. They will be probably be locals, and will know about cheap places to sleep in each town you want to go to. Guaguas (buses) are the cheap way to travel town to town in the DR, and you can get almost anywhere you need to go for a few pesos.