Sports bar

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
What is Lou charging for his Super Bowl party this year, I have some friends that want to watch the game on a big screen with Americans.

bellakins

May 31, 2008
Post this in Northcoast section

This post needs to be moved so that it can be read and answered by all those
in-the-know in PoP/Sosua...
I'll be staying @Playa Dorado, and I hear that the
place called Hemingway's shows sports. I believe it's open to the public - not
just for guests of the different resorts in the PD complex. Does anyone know
what the choices are for all sports bars in the area?

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
What is Lou charging for his Super Bowl party this year, I have some friends that want to watch the game on a big screen with Americans.

I heard he is charging $2000- $2500 for some serious hot dogs and some beer.

Mar 2, 2008
The "best" place is always relative.

It varies from time to time, and depends on countless factors, including type of TV, sound system, interest level of the crowd, how many and what type of friends care to join you at any particular place, etc. etc.

The best place for me is where ever a few friends care to watch in a low-keyed atmosphere with the opportunity for plenty of good-natured and thoughtful commentary, and of course cold beer and a few snacks.

Where one finds the venue of their choice really depends on a wide variety of individual and personal preferences.

For those who enjoy large boisterous crowds, The Shark Bar certainly fits the bill. For those who prefer a smaller and quieter venue, then there are many other locations to choose from.

bellakins

May 31, 2008
Best TVs?

What bars have the best TV viewing, large flatscreens which can be seen from
different areas? A good natured crowd is great, but too loud can be a deterent
to the enjoyment of the game. Where is Shark Bar?

Jan 22, 2010
the loudness is part of life in DR,

In POP at least you can't watch a game without the bachata and merengue, which I like but is not same...

and 2000 - 2500 in Sharks bar, what will that include then?

;)

Seamonkey

Bronze
Oct 6, 2009
This post needs to be moved so that it can be read and answered by all those
in-the-know in PoP/Sosua...
I'll be staying @Playa Dorado, and I hear that the
place called Hemingway's shows sports. I believe it's open to the public - not
just for guests of the different resorts in the PD complex. Does anyone know
what the choices are for all sports bars in the area?

Hemingway's is awesome if you are staying at Playa Dorada. It's located in the mall where Coco Bongos is. We watched the Boston/Montreal playoffs there a few years back and the staff was great, although they had no idea what hockey was all about. Food was very good and priced fair.

May 29, 2006
If my memory is correct you get 2 Nathan hot dogs and 3 presidente's but he may have changed it

2 hot dogs and 3 beers for 2500 pesos? That can't be right. Shark bar is around the corner from Rockys on Pedro Clisante just before the ill-fated SeaCrets.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Shark Bar

I am told Lou is charging $RD1,500 for the Super Bowl XLIV party, includes all you can drink + buffet. (nachos, wings, ziti, etc.)

Olly

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
Try Cuba Libre Bar Sosua, far end of Pedro Clisante. Entrance Gratis so the sign says

HTH

Olly

Status
Not open for further replies.