Waterfront Hotel Sosua - Did they Renovate it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collingwood

Dec 4, 2004
I was told that the Waterfront Hotel was being renovated. Have they completed that work?

Has anyone stayed there recently and how much is a room there per night.

I have some relief workers in Haiti looking for some R&R.

Thanks
Collingwood

Mar 2, 2008
I haven't stayed there, but I was there tonight, at the restaurant.

Unfortunately, the people I was supposed to meet did not know how to to find it.

After waiting for 4 or 5 hours I was forced to retreat, before the criminal element moved in.

It was fun while it lasted.

Collingwood

Dec 4, 2004
I haven't stayed there, but I was there tonight, at the restaurant.

Unfortunately, the people I was supposed to meet did not know how to to find it.

After waiting for 4 or 5 hours I was forced to retreat, before the criminal element moved in.

It was fun while it lasted.

Catcher - did it look like the rooms were under renovation. I realize the restaurant/bar are not near the rooms but did you see any construction material around the premises.

Mar 2, 2008
I am sorry, but I really didn't notice any construction.

If there was anything going on there they keep it very well hidden.

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
About a year ago Juan said that because of the RE market near collaps nothing would be done to this site for at least four-five years as an optimistic forecast. So, for a forseeable future no more stay in these cute little huts.

Even the pool is filled with gravel.

Collingwood

Dec 4, 2004
About a year ago Juan said that because of the RE market near collaps nothing would be done to this site for at least four-five years as an optimistic forecast. So, for a forseeable future no more stay in these cute little huts.

Even the pool is filled with gravel.

So the Hotel is not renting rooms at the moment?

Collingwood

Dec 4, 2004
$80 to $100 per night Hotel in Sosua - Recommendations?

If the Waterfront is out of action. What other NON All Inclusive options are there in Sosua for this weekend. This will be their first visit to Sosua......:bunny:

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
So the Hotel is not renting rooms at the moment?

If you ask them, maybe they rent one.

If you are willing to live without electricity, water,cleanning, pool and security - the condition that I witnessed first hand just ten days ago.

Verner is about to complete his building across the street soon. It will have ALOT of units for rent. Same location as WFT.

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
If the Waterfront is out of action. What other NON All Inclusive options are there in Sosua for this weekend. This will be their first visit to Sosua......:bunny:

A new hotel just 50 meters further from WFT, on the same street and on the same side. Also Casa Cayena. All within 50 meters from WFT.

Collingwood

Dec 4, 2004
Thanks - That was a close call for the team heading to the Waterfront. Had better cancel that and look for an alternative.

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
Thanks - That was a close call for the team heading to the Waterfront. Had better cancel that and look for an alternative.

Still failing to figure out how they were able to make a reservation at WF?! Who gave it to them?

Do they speak Spanish well?

Maybe they made reservation for a dinner at WF nice restaurant but think that they will live and sleep there too?

A very strange setup.

May 29, 2006
If the relief workers are looking for a real retreat, I liked the Tropix, which is a few blocks away from downtown and has some nice perks. They have a courtisy bar where you can get beers and it's quiet with a small but nice pool. It is not a "chica friendly" hotel and they do a lot of business with Peace Corp people who they give a discount to. It is about two blocks from the main supermarket and about four blocks from the center of town. The hotel has some very interesting history that ties in with the history of the town as a refuge for Jews during the Holocost.

Tropix Hotel - european style hotel in the center of Sosua El Batey, Dominican Republic, Puerto Plata

Status
Not open for further replies.