Carnivals in the Dominican Repulbic

PGerace

Feb 16, 2002
Saludos! It's that time of year again when the DR celebrates Carnival. I invite everybody to see my YouTube slide show video of the many Carnivals all over the country. These images I took over the past 20 years. My favorites were in La Vega for it's huge and colorful celebration and Santo Domingo for the variety. Here is the link YouTube - Carnaval Dominican Republic.
Gracias.
Paul Gerace
www.geraceimages.com

Reactions: woofsback

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
harvey escaped ? - very good collection of photos.
Im making a costume out of dollar bills for next year- I will see how far i get along the puerta plata malecon before I,m naked

Last edited:

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Nice collection. Oh how I wish it was in high def! I've been using Vimeo for student work in high def, and it makes for a great presentation.

Your pictures are amazing Mr. Gerace. It would be an honor to allow my photo students to interview you sometime!!

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
That is a wonderful collection of Carnival photos! Thank you! It helps to warm the heart of those of us who are stuck here in the US northeast buried under two feet of snow and sub-freezing temps! I can't wait to get back to the DR! Thanks again Paul!

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Off-topic, but I got to say I love your graffiti photos as well.

Thanks for posting your work, Paul. It is much appreciated.

Last edited:

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
harvey escaped ? - very good collection of photos.
Im making a costume out of dollar bills for next year- I will see how far i get along the puerta plata malecon before I,m naked
Convert the dollars to pesos, you will get 36 times farther! ;)

Lex87

Mar 1, 2010
Those are GREAT pics, so much fun! Who's Harvey?

I think if someone was really ugly the dollar outfit may work fine! ;)

When I go to the DR soon I'm going to have to pickup a carnival mask.. Those are so cool and would look great on my wall!

PGerace

Feb 16, 2002
Carnival Masks

Hi Lex87. They do look great on a wall. I've got 4 on my wall right now and a few smaller ones too. I am moving to a new place with less wall space and will only be keeping one. I would like to make them available, for sale, to my DR1 friends first. They are from La Vega and Santiago. I will post photos of them in the next couple of weeks. One even incorporates dominos in it's design!
Where are you located Lex87?
Gracias.
Paul