Question on where to live in SD

Fla-Gringo

Feb 14, 2010
I am moving from Florida in a week and am looking for a relatively safe neighborhood that is close (walking distance) to all the action (malls, gym, nightlife) but is still safe and secure.

Also, I am searching for an apartment or condo to rent, fully furnished, for up to $2k a month... would like to keep it at $1000-$1500 if possible (all utilities included electric, gas, cable, internet etc). Need a 2-3 bedroom with nicer appliances and not an aparmtent or condo full of wicker furniture (no disrespect) :cheeky: I would like it near the beach also, if not right on the beach, if possible.. if not then no prob. Yes, I probably want too much but I would rather ask for my ideal then eliminate things later.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I am moving from Florida in a week and am looking for a relatively safe neighborhood that is close (walking distance) to all the action (malls, gym, nightlife) but is still safe and secure.

Also, I am searching for an apartment or condo to rent, fully furnished, for up to $2k a month... would like to keep it at $1000-$1500 if possible (all utilities included electric, gas, cable, internet etc). Need a 2-3 bedroom with nicer appliances and not an aparmtent or condo full of wicker furniture (no disrespect) :cheeky: I would like it near the beach also, if not right on the beach, if possible.. if not then no prob. Yes, I probably want too much but I would rather ask for my ideal then eliminate things later.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Have you ever been to Santo Domingo? I assume you mean the capital city [some people still call the entire country Santo Domingo]. There are no beaches in the capital, just oceanfront.

AE

Fla-Gringo

Feb 14, 2010
I do mean Santo Domingo... and I didnt know there arent any beaches, oceanfront is fine as well, if possible.. and no I havent been to SD.. though I have been to Santiago, Cabarete and Sosua often.

el forastero

Bronze
Oct 25, 2009
Check out the eastern end of Anacaona area - it is not oceanfront, but a great seaview from higher floors. A lot less traffic outside of rush hours and less of the contaminated sea air. Fronts the Mirador park, with safe walking area and patrols. You could walk to Bella Vista Mall. Better neighbors too, who are there but don't demand to be heard at all hours.