Question about DR elections

symister

Apr 27, 2002
www.macoris.net
Is it impossible to make a cross party vote? meaning, for example, is it possible to vote the candidate for senator for one party and and also vote for a mayor of another party, in the same election

from what i understand you cant since you have to choose a ballot of a party to vote

and also is there an independent ballot if you dont want to be part of any party?

Reactions: mike l

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Is it impossible to make a cross party vote? meaning, for example, is it possible to vote the candidate for senator for one party and and also vote for a mayor of another party, in the same election

from what i understand you cant since you have to choose a ballot of a party to vote

and also is there an independent ballot if you dont want to be part of any party?

You vote for the people you want. The mayor, the regidores, the diputado and the senator. Some people vote for the party and some for the people. Most vote by colour or by photos as a lot cannot read!!!

Reactions: woofsback

symister

Apr 27, 2002
www.macoris.net
another question, i just heard that i vote for a diputado is a vote for senator of the same party? does anybody know more about how that works? it seems crazy

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
another question, i just heard that i vote for a diputado is a vote for senator of the same party? does anybody know more about how that works? it seems crazy

it is very complicated. You can vote for senator you want and also for diputados that you want. But I think they have to be from same party or alliados. They will shortly be publishing the educational boletin and i will post link when it is published.

matilda

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Literacy rate in DR is almost 90%. Where the hell did you get that info?.

Take kids/adults to the zoo, or the museum and have them read the descriptions outloud. you might change your mind somewhat. yes most can read but not at the speed and level that you would expect.