Moving to DR, Have a couple of questions

Alaabes

Mar 8, 2010
I'm a US Citizen that is planning to move to Santo Domingo or Santiago. What is the process of getting a job? I speak, read, and write Spanish and English fluently. Can anyone assist? Thanks

Alaabes

Mar 8, 2010
Homeworks done, living situation is all taken care of. Just want to be ready to work there. What's the actual process? I also here that there is dual residency? What's that all about? Thanks again.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Alaabes,

You said your homework is done, does that include time spent here to explore and integrate yourself into the social and economic culture?

It is puzzling, you indicate you have your living situation is all taken care of and it suggest you may have visited on previous occasions, then why at this time you are asking about getting a job? PJT would think you would be inquiring about work before taking care of your living situation!

Anyways, there are many good posters that may have information about work. You should briefly describe your work qualifications to give the forum members a hint of what you searching for.

Regards,
PJT

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Homeworks done, living situation is all taken care of. Just want to be ready to work there. What's the actual process? I also here that there is dual residency? What's that all about? Thanks again.

Well if you have done your homework and you are ready to work legally all you have to do is knock on the doors where you need to convince them to hire you. Kind of hard for people here to tell you where to look since we don't know what your quilifications are besides speaking/writing Spanish and English.

Not sure what duel residency is. Do you mean duel citizenship? Don't worry about that you don't need that to work in the DR. You need residency to work legally.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Homeworks done,
We are delighted to HEAR that. So why are you asking the question re Work Permit/Residencia (Temporary & Permanent) &/or Dual Citizenship? :confused:

Alaabes;838893 living situation is all taken care of.[/QUOTE said:
In Santiago AND Santiago? :confused:

Alaabes;838893Just want to be ready to work there. What's the actual process?[/QUOTE said:
Might I suggest you check the archives (previous posts) where this has often been asked. Use the Key Words "Residencia", "Work Permits", "Working in the DR" & see how it goes from there!

Alaabes;838893I also here that there is dual residency? What's that all about? Thanks again.[/QUOTE said:
Did you mean Dual Residency (NO problem) or Dual CITIZENSHIP?
The latter is not available for the first three years (at LEAST) unless you are marrying a Dominican Girl of course ............ PLEASE do not tell us you are coming down to get married to a Dominican girl you met here whilst on holiday!! :paranoid: Did you check to see if you are allowed to have 'DUAL' Citizenship?

(DAMN ....... more homework!! ;):tired: ) ~ Grahame.

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
Well if you have done your homework and you are ready to work legally all you have to do is knock on the doors where you need to convince them to hire you. Kind of hard for people here to tell you where to look since we don't know what your quilifications are besides speaking/writing Spanish and English.

Not sure what duel residency is. Do you mean duel citizenship? Don't worry about that you don't need that to work in the DR. You need residency to work legally.

I think AnnaC is trying to confuse:confused: this poster!!!

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Hmmmm,
Residency versus Citizenship with pistols at 10 paces eh?? My money is on RESIDENCY because there is no limitation on DUAL Residency!! ~ Grahame.

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
Hi guys,

This is off topic, but kinda related.

Are Canadian citizens who do not hold residency in the Dominican Republic permitted to enter on a one way ticket? Or should I just consider extending my stay by paying a fine to the airline and immigration? Thanks.

curlyq

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
AnnaC is herself confused.
It is that cruel & nasty English Language again AnnaC!!

The sound 'duel' has 'dual' meanings!

Duel is a fight/confrontation/dispute (normally resolved by means of fistycuffs or firearms) .....

Dual is 'a second' or 'additional' or 'two of'.

So, if you have four people having a confrontation at the same time you could be experiencing a dual duel which would be cruel if fuelled by dual seconds on each side (seconds here being the attendants to each dueling duo) :cheeky: :ermm: :paranoid::paranoid:

Hope that is a lot clearer now!! :cheeky: :glasses: ;) ~ Grahame.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Darn language! I couldn't even remember there were two words with totally different meanings,but then it could be old age and loss of brain cells more than the language. ;)

thanks BB

Nov 25, 2008
Folks the guy is well off, anybody who uses the word "homework" and is not worried about the important details only needs "work" to keep himself occupied

Last edited: