Quake Damage and Hotel Info

TxCisco

Mar 11, 2010
I will be coming to Samana on April the 10th for a week and was hopeing that someone could give me information on any earthquake damage and a review or any information on the Grand Paradise Samana Hotel. I have reserved one of the Bungalows if anyone has any information it would be of great help. I cannot find any reviews online for this hotel and I am starting to worry.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
I will be coming to Samana on April the 10th for a week and was hopeing that someone could give me information on any earthquake damage and a review or any information on the Grand Paradise Samana Hotel. I have reserved one of the Bungalows if anyone has any information it would be of great help. I cannot find any reviews online for this hotel and I am starting to worry.

There was an earthquake in Samana?:cheeky: I never did hear about that one.

Here are some 300 odd reviews for your perusal

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...eras_Samana_Peninsula_Dominican_Republic.html

Reactions: Tamborista

TxCisco

Mar 11, 2010
drloca:

Thanks for the reviews link.. Have you ever been to this property? You know what quake I was inquireing about..

Again thanks for the help and anymore that you can give me.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Decent place, great location.

I understand the GP has been sold to the Bahia Principe Group and parts will be closing for remodeling soon.

caipiranha

Feb 15, 2008
The Grand Paradise Samana is a really nice place, in April I?ll also be there for the 3rd time. When you like to party or when you prefer a quiet corner - you?ll find both of it. For me the only negative were the cocktails - so don?t expect too much.

For your excursions - dont?t believe the guys in the hotel, that every trip booked outside is dangerous or that the agencies aren?t serious - thats nonsense. We booked our excursions or quad-rentals in LG, had really great tours and saved lots of money...

Enjoy your stay in the GPS!

TxCisco

Mar 11, 2010
Have you ever stayed in the private bungelows here? Are they air conditioned?

What do you mean the cocktails are not much to be expected?

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
:

Your'e coming on vacation, you need to chill! Especially if ther power is out, the air cond. will be dead aswell! Enjoy!:cheeky:

BermudaRum

caipiranha

Feb 15, 2008

No, I had a normal seaview room. All the rooms/bungalows are air conditioned, but in my rooms air condition only worked when I was inside - you need the key card of your room to use it (or you need a 2nd card).

In many hotels cocktails are individually mixed in a shaker, f.e. with fresh fruits, in the GPS they were made "from the canister", so we prefered pure ron or Cubalibre :classic:

Enjoy your stay in the GPS! (Sorry about my bad English)

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
==>SHEESH<==Take it easy HB, the guy prolly did not look at a map...

HB

That is funny.

Somehow some people from the States think I open my front door and see the ocean and in fact think everybody here in Hispaniola lives like this so it should only be natural that people would come up with such crazy conclusions. Maybe we can thank Gilligan's Island for that. :)