Expat woman murdered in Gasper Hernandez area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
April 1 or 2, 2010
THIS IS NOT AN APRIL FOOLS JOKE!

I'm DON'T have details and what I have may be wrong so don't go nuts on me. I'm trying to find the facts to help someone.

My wife and I went to see a friend and found her in tears. This is the best that we could get from her, speaking a combination of French and Spanish while sobbing.

A woman friend of hers that had a small finca (and an animal lover) was stabbed to death yesterday or this morning. She has been in the D.R. for about 25 years and had a modest life. She reported some incident to the police and someone told her that they would get even. I think her name was Luisa and may have come from France?

Any viable information would help.

Thank you, Ringo

Reactions: mike l
May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
We heard this morning that she was found by a close friend appeared to have been stabbed to death. I don't know anything about a revenge motive, but in my experience here, very few people get murdered 'by accident' - there always seems to be more to the story.

She was a really great person with 26 years living here and I offer condolences to her son who will arrive tomorrow and to her many friends who thought the world of her.

I hope that her many horses and dogs will be able to be cared for on the land she loved and called home.

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
Thanks.

I will tell her/our friend about her son arriving tomorrow. She knows about the animals and we will get to work to do what we can to insure that they are well taken care of as best we can IF that is what is needed.

Of course, anything else that we can do.

It appears that you were close to Luisa. So please PM me with information or help that may be needed. Her/our friend has no email and cell phone connection is sometimes difficult for her. I'll see her in the AM with whatever we have.

Thank you, Ringo

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
It's a shame that one of those headlines reads 'tourist'. Luisa was resident of the DR for 26 years, which hardly made her a tourist and I hope that any real 'tourists' reading this will not be lead to believe that they will be in danger because of this awful crime.

Furthermore, I would point out that where she lived was extremely remote.

Afgan

Mar 29, 2009
Poor woman!

What a tragedy!

How the God she ever decided to move to this country sola?!

Responsibility for this tragedy must carry those who post those sugary-rosy "trip reports" and who angrily attack any real information and warnings about the North Coast.

What a grief!

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Poor woman!

What a tragedy!

How the God she ever decided to move to this country sola?!

Responsibility for this tragedy must carry those who post those sugary-rosy "trip reports" and who angrily attack any real information and warnings about the North Coast.

What a grief!

This poor lady hadn't just arrived wearing rose coloured glasses, she had lived here for 26 years!

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Have any numbers been done showing the percentage of x pats living here and the percentage killed, say in 2008 or 2009 and then a comparison to the locals.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
It's a shame that one of those headlines reads 'tourist'.

I agree, unfortunately this is very common in papers here, even in the nationals. At least one of the local papers says how well loved the deceased lady was and how much she did for the local community.
ASESINAN CANADIENSE EN EL MUNICIPIO DE GASPAR HERNANDEZ

The other frequent occurrence is getting names & ages wrong
POLIC?A NACIONAL ?PISA TALONES? MATADORES NACIONAL CANADIENSE

According to El Nacional, 5 people have been detained by police:
Asesinan canadiensa de cinco pu?aladas en Veragua-Gaspar Hern?ndez

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
..... Furthermore, I would point out that where she lived was extremely remote.
..... How the God she ever decided to move to this country sola?!
So, are we saying this tropical paradise is only safe for couples and that they must live in a large metropolitan area?

Otherwise they will probably be murdered.
Paradise is only safe when staying in a group?

My sincere condolences to family and friends of Luisa.

Don

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Luisa was found by someone that works for her. She was stabbed about 5 times. She was French Canadian and lived in a remote area. She was a truly wonderful person who helped many people. I thought she was one of the nicest kindest people I knew here. Her son is here now and is in Santiago today arranging her funeral.

This is truly very upsetting and very very sad. God Bless her family.

RIP dear Luisa.

suzannel

Jun 7, 2006
She was a friend

Luisa (Louise Gaudreault) was a friend. She was a spunky, intelligent, fun, warm and loving person.
She must not have weighted more than 90 pounds, but you should have seen her handle her horses and specially her stallion, you would then have known that she was strong and determined.
She loved her ranch and her life here, she came here with her husband when she was pregnant with Tommy, the husband left but she stayed and raised Tommy by herself here. He is a charming young man, well adjusted because of her mother.
She lived off her land and her love of horses, she was not wealthy, far from it, but she made a living and employed a couple of people from the village.
Yes the ranch was in a remote area in Alta Grande, in the mountains, but Louise knew everyone and everyone respected and loved her. She gave back to her community.
She will be missed, I personnally will miss my rides with her on the land she loved, I will miss her smile and her laughter.
Rest in Peace Louise....

Suzanne

Status
Not open for further replies.