Great news!! re..Immigration Canada

haitilee

Jun 23, 2009
My husband has gotten his Permanent Residence Visa!!!! We recieved an e-mail on Tuesday the 6th (I was in the DR for Easter break) from the SD Embassy, it was a copy of the letter they had sent him in March that he never received, saying that SD was going to be processing his application and they would contact him if they needed anything...

Well, they called Friday morning and asked him to drop off his passport at the Embassy in SD on Monday morning(I left to come back to Canada on Sunday)...he went in Monday morning to drop it off and they asked him to come back at 3:00pm!!!! He went back and about a hour and a half later (because there were a lot of other people at the office for interviews, etc...) he had his passport with Visa in his hand!!! We are so shocked and so excited!! He should be here within the next 2 weeks!!! YAY!!!!

Thank you to everyone on dr1 for all of your help!!
Gwenda

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Congratulations!

I think your file is one of the fastest yet & great news for those still waiting to see that things are really moving well in Santo Domingo!

Sangria

SBT

Jan 5, 2010
I think that they have a whole new set of staff working in SD - I could be TOTALLY wrong and this is just my hunch - but it almost seem's as though, after the earthquake someone higher up went in to help the office get back up and running and realized just what a disaster it was...It seem's as though a whole of re-structuring went on and yes the applications are moving!
Haitilee is the 3rd person I know of since the earthquake to be finalized - and when my brother in law picked up the med req forms from the embassy today - they told him to tell us that should be no more then 3 weeks.

Anywaysss I totally hijacked the good news thread!! AWESOME for you guys Haitilee. Enjoy!

Fiesta Mama

Bronze
Jan 28, 2004
Excellent news. There is a one way flight available on WestJet for Tuesday, April 27, 2010 leaving POP at 4:00 p.m. (sorry don't know if that is the airport you want) but there is only one seat left at the current price. Best of luck!

Flight 2617
WestJet
Puerto Plata , DO (POP) POP 04:00 PM
Toronto , ON , CA (YYZ) YYZ 08:17 PM
4 hours 17 minutes Boeing 737-700 Base Fare: $458.00 USD
Other Taxes and Fees: $124.60 USD
Total: $582.60 USD
$458.00 USD

Regular Fare 1 seat left
at this price

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Is it PUJ he will be flying from haitilee?

Air Canada....$450CAD out of PUJ on April 25th...

Jess1

Jul 11, 2009
Congratulaitons Haitlee! All the best to you & your hubby! Hopefully the rest of us will get some good news soon:)

Jess

AmyH

Dec 5, 2006
Congratulations to and your husband. That is great news it is awesome to hear everything is moving forward. Wish you all the best and a safe flight for your husband.

Sweetkiwi

Jul 16, 2009
By the way, is your husband Haitian? I'm assuming yes from your username lol but I didn't want to assume. :)

haitilee

Jun 23, 2009
Yes he is Haitian but because he has been living in the DR for years and wasn't directly affected by the earthquake they told me that his application could not be "expidited". Therefore we were so surprised and shocked and excited when we got the news!!!

Thank you all for the congratulations and I too hope that this means all applications will begin to speed up!!

Sunflower333

May 25, 2009
CONGRATS Haitilee,
I was going to ask you the same question about your husband being Hatian but just read your answer. That is SUCH good news for you and hopefully for the rest of us waiting!

All the best as you start your lives together in Canada......

summertime101

Nov 12, 2008
Awesome!

Congratulations! So happy for you! I just sent our App. in yesterday. So much fun, so many nerves, so much anticipation for the future! Great to hear your good news.

haitilee

Jun 23, 2009
My husband flies home April 22nd!!! We got a flight from Punta Cana directly to Edmonton...so excited!!!

Johana

May 24, 2006
Congratulations!!! Enjoy this special time.

And great news that you were able to find him a direct flight :)

Sunflower333

May 25, 2009
I'm kinda slow with this but my hubby got a call from the Embassy on April 28 while I was with him in the DR...

He was asked to pick up the form to redo his medical as his had expired. We were told he would have his visa in 4 weeks but since, I have heard from another source that 5 - 6 weeks is a more accurate time in which the medical results get back.
ANYWAY, its all good!!!!! Gracias mi Dios!!!!!!

Kaelin

Apr 22, 2008
Wife too got a call, they needed a different birth certificate and a new police record. The girl told her on the phone that they want to speed up her file as her medicals expire in June so she won't have to do them again. It's the first time we hear anything from them and it's encouraging to see they are working on the applications again.