Clarification of the April 1st Immigration Canada Update

tiguerita

Jan 5, 2004
3...Cases not covered under HSM (Haiti Special Measures), resumption date to be determined.

CIC will start to process cases that are not covered by HSM at a later date. Highest priority will continue to be given to HSM cases, although should a permanent resident application not covered by the HSM be ready for visa issuance, CIC will issue documents to ensure clearances do not expire.

Operational Bulletin 179A – April 1, 2010

:cry:

Sunflower333

May 25, 2009
This doesn't sound too good.....and I had JUST started telling people that work had resumed and appplications would be processed more quickly due to the earthquake.

What a rollercoaster ride.. I still hope that some of the info we have heard on here about work on all cases resuming is correct!!

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
I dont think the April 1st announcement or this update should be of concern to anyone.

Nothing has changed.

2 places in the announcement it says applications for non Haitians have been transferred to Santo Domingo or Port au Spain and not part of this announcement or priority measures.

Santo Domingo is processing family class applications for Dominican citizens only.

Priority cases for Haitian applicants are being processed by PAP & the special office in Ottawa.

All other countries were sent to Port au Spain.

As we are seeing this week, haitilee's application processed in 6 months....Dominicano Spouses group of facebook shows 1 couple went in process January 2010 and called yesterday to go pick up the visa (4 months).

If Santo Domingo only has to process family class applications for Dominicans, then things will move faster than when PAP was processing all types of applications for half the Carribbean countries.

Stay positive everyone!

Last edited: