Looking for a 1 night get away

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
Hi all,

Im back for 3 weeks with my wife in May ? staying in Sosua and have a hire car.
We have travelled to Samana and that area, stayed in Santiago and Navaretti ( sorry for the spelling ) however would like to try somewhere different for a ?night away?. Looking for chilled, scenic with nice restaurants and a half decent place to stay. Las Terrinas (sp) was a nice one night stay ? so something like that would be a nice option.

Have car - will travel ? any thoughts ? ideas ? input? And thanks?..

Dan

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
Try the drive to Luperon, it's beautiful. Hang a right just before Imbert and head west. The road is in great shape,and the countryside is stunning, lots of little places to eat along the way.
Luperon itself is OK.
Generally I drive there for the scenery along the way.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I have just the place. Up in the hills outside Sabaneta del Mar I think it is called. You drive like 15 - 20 mins up into the hills. A fabulous finca with stunning views - lovely peace and quiet. You can walk down to the river and swim in crystal waters, feed ritz crackers to sheep, be amazed by the biggest pigs you have ever seen and see their babies too. Swimming pool, comfy bed and nice bathroom. And the food is fabulous traditional english!!! If you are lucky there might even be Branston pickle and HP sauce.

Actually it is Whirleybird and mr wbs finca. I am sure if you pm her she can sort you out!!! I always love going there!!

Matilda

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
ha ha Maltida - I was invited to Mrs Whirleybirds finca nearly 2 years ago on our last trip but we never made it!

Luperon - Yep - had not thought of that - but may well try it this time.

Thanks for the suggestions!

belgiank

Silver
Jun 13, 2009
experience the other side of the DR, and go to the mountains... fabulous restaurants here at jarabacoa, and several nice places to stay....

Ringo

On Vacation!
Mar 6, 2003
experience the other side of the DR, and go to the mountains... fabulous restaurants here at jarabacoa, and several nice places to stay....

I second Jarabacoa. The nights get cool (refreshing) so take a light jacket or sweater.

DRdaddy

Sep 15, 2010
I fourth that, very beautiful place. look into ecotourism taking off higher up the mountain near paso bajito between harabacoa and constanza there is construction underway for new roads.I might post some pics later once I figure out how to do so.