Kids Activities in Santo Domingo????????

kdewayne1

Feb 17, 2002
I am looking for some different things to do with my kids when in visit SD in june. Things like bowling ,miniture golf, maybe a batting cage??? i already plan to go to the zoo ,agua splash and aquarium ..All input is greatly appreciated.

THANKS Kev

Reactions: mike l

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I am looking for some different things to do with my kids when in visit SD in june. Things like bowling ,miniture golf, maybe a batting cage??? i already plan to go to the zoo ,agua splash and aquarium ..All input is greatly appreciated.

THANKS Kev

Bowling: Home Page

Rainy Day: There are two movie theaters on the malecon.

Windy Day: You will find street peddlers selling small kites in Plaza Juan Baron on the malecon near the Rotonda Obelisco. Sometimes there is also a young man twisting balloons or you can just grab a pizza and let the kids run around for a bit.

Mason3000

Aug 2, 2008
Santo Domingo is the least kid friendly place I've ever been. The zoo and aquarium are underwhelming at best. You can take your kids to a movie or bowling anywhere so that's not a big deal. No year round amusment parks, no real water parks. Happyland is an expensive scam in imo.

Trampolin in the Zona is my favorite kid place, but even that is kind of "meh" if your kids are used to fun places in other countries. You can follow that up by feeding the pidgeons in the opark and grabbing an ice cream. The beach of course is near the top of the list and I'd guess there's some horse back riding around. Buying your way into a "club" where you can take them to the pool and to play with other kids on the weekend might be your best best.

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006

THANKS Kev

There is a miniature golf course in the Parque Mirador Sur. The course is located where the park intersects with Nu?ez de C?ceres. Next to the course, there is also a small place to rent bikes.

The only batting cage I know of, and frequent in the capital, is at Pasteur 8 on Calle Pasteur in Gazcue, close to the corner with El Malec?n. This is a car wash/billiard/bar/batting cage.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
THANKS Kev

Consider too the Botanical Gardens and Los Tres Ojos.