Physical Presence Required for Naturalization Process?

zephyr0225

May 9, 2010
Hi all,

Recently I heard about this option of getting PR from Dominican Republic. Eventually, I would like to acquire a citizenship there (my own country imposes military draft and I work in the U.S. So this is very problematic).

It seems like no one in this forum actually knows whether you need to be present in the country for certain amount of time before applying for citizenship. I've talked to some people like John Schroeder for instance, who claims I can move up to naturalization just by visiting several times (not staying for extended period). I hear people saying he rips people off acting as a middleman but frankly cost is not a concern for me at all. If someone can handle this naturalization without physical presence in the country, I would go for it even if he/she charges me a lot.

So what is the truth? If there is anyone who finished naturalization without staying that long in DR, please let me know.

zephyr0225

May 9, 2010
I understand what you mean. But how about in practice?
I am wondering if your firm handles naturalization process as well?

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
"""In Practice"""
like with all laws and rules around the globe simply depends on """to get caught or not to get caught""".
what you are planning to do is simply "Illegal",
yes, you have huge chances to get away with it for many years, maybe forever,
but you also will have no reason to cry about any misjustice etc in case you get caught.
and you should be aware that you are posting on a public board, i would recommend to not let know anybody in case you take the 'illegal' way, not everybody is willing to let such go.
good luck
Mike