But I love him...

Status
Not open for further replies.

USKK

May 14, 2010
So I went to DR a week ago and met the most beautiful, talented Dominican dancer. We spent some time together, yes intimately. I was wondering if there are ANY examples of relationships that have worked with a DECENT, hard-working Dominican man? We have talked everyday since and he wants me to come back to visit. I love to travel so this isn't a strain for me, however I want to be as realistic as possible and ask him the right questions to know his intentions.
I have read all the BAD stuff, is there any good?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I thought that yesterday was Funny Friday>>>>???

No, dear, there are a miniscule number of successes and mountains of failures. The odds of you having discovered the ddd (Definately Different Dominican) are astronomical. Do a search and readh Hillbilly's Golden Rules.

So the guy's got game, sex organ functioning, and some charm....He is a boy toy to be used and forgotten =FFF => Find 'em, F@$! 'em, Forget 'em....

Think about it.

HB

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
So I went to DR a week ago and met the most beautiful, talented Dominican dancer. We spent some time together, yes intimately. I was wondering if there are ANY examples of relationships that have worked with a DECENT, hard-working Dominican man? We have talked everyday since and he wants me to come back to visit. I love to travel so this isn't a strain for me, however I want to be as realistic as possible and ask him the right questions to know his intentions.
I have read all the BAD stuff, is there any good?

This relationship can work just fine if you follow the rules:

Don't try to bring him home. Visit, have fun and go back to the real world.

Never send money (Western Union or otherwise). It's okay to bring gifts, pay for dates and give him pocket money while you're there but never send money when you're not.

Understand that this relationship will end when a bigger, better deal comes along for him. You represent opportunity and opportunity is a serious aphrodesiac. Opportunity is sexy. Opportunity is also stepping off every plane that lands in the DR and the only thing that trumps opportunity is ... a better opportunity, so enjoy the moment.

DMV123

Bronze
Mar 31, 2010
Yes my dear they can and do work - OCCASIONALLY.

The first step is to live here.

Then you have to learn the culture, the language, work for a living, live quietly and without flash. I think probably for a couple of years at least.

THEN you might have an opportunity to meet a decent good Dominican man or woman! (This applies to both)

But you will go thru many "dates" trying to find a good one. Then you will deal with all the issues normal in a relationship PLUS cultural, educational, financial, language issues but to name a few. Oh yes and the hangers onners, family etc who while he may be real they still think you are a walking ATM machine....

THEN maybe you will have found a decent one, IF in fact you did not settle for something else first.

You will not find this on your VACATION. You will not find this when you come here for 3 months to try it out. And sorry to break your bubble you will likely NOT find this anyway - no matter how long you are here for. It just is not common as Hillbilly says.

AND THEY NEVER EVER WORK AS A DANCER, ANIMATION ETC ETC. Get real these guys and gals are surrounded by walking wallets all day every day. They are not looking for the real thing - they probably already have that in their Dominican home with their Dominican spouse!

So take the advice offered already - enjoy your boy toy for what he is. Never ever confuse it with something else, something real something of value.

ybonabeach

Jan 16, 2008
follow the advice

I rarely post my private info but I had to finally share my experience.
I met MY DDD while on Vacation and followed Hillbilly's Golden Rules and SKING's rules. I got to "know" him while vactaioning for a couple of years and through the internet before I moved here and then I came for 6 mths before I made a permenant move.We now have a successful relationship for the past 2 yrs. BUT I will never,ever marry him and take him to Canada and he knows it.If he wants to go there to visit he'll have to find his own way and get his own visa He works, is opening his own business, and doesn't drink or go out with the guys. He pays his share of the expenses etc. Maybe I'm a hard ass just like SKING, but he respects me. He speaks English and I speak not too bad Spanish (and that is improving, if you don't speak any Sapanish you are in big trouble). His family never, ever asks for anything because I set the rules at the begining.
Follow all the advice from long time posters as I did....Don't let the "feelings" over rule common sense, oh and did I mention FOLLOW Hillbilly's Golden Rules and save yourself the heartach and headach that will surely follow if you don't.
Read more of the Sankie posts and see the crap that's happened to those who don't follow good advice.
My experience so far has been good and as long as I keep following Hillbilly's advice (and not just about the DDD, all his experience/advice is spot on) I'll do ok.
Good luck, follow the rules or have a good fling!

Last edited:

USKK

May 14, 2010
I appreciate all the advice. I am so grateful there are people out there that are sincere enough to be true despite the "sting". I guess this is why I was open to this in the first place...lonely, disappointed in people and not happy here with the quality of guys available.
Thanks again and God Bless!

USKK

May 14, 2010
Got the rules "Diet Version". copied and pasted! He meets most of these requirements however, still think his need to be married and have a child so quickly are LOCO!
Thanks.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Got the rules "Diet Version". copied and pasted! He meets most of these requirements however, still think his need to be married and have a child so quickly are LOCO!
Thanks.

Yeah. Loco like a fox. Have you ever heard the term "Anchor Baby"?

USKK

May 14, 2010
Yes my dear they can and do work - OCCASIONALLY.

The first step is to live here.

Then you have to learn the culture, the language, work for a living, live quietly and without flash. I think probably for a couple of years at least.

THEN you might have an opportunity to meet a decent good Dominican man or woman! (This applies to both)

But you will go thru many "dates" trying to find a good one. Then you will deal with all the issues normal in a relationship PLUS cultural, educational, financial, language issues but to name a few. Oh yes and the hangers onners, family etc who while he may be real they still think you are a walking ATM machine....

THEN maybe you will have found a decent one, IF in fact you did not settle for something else first.

You will not find this on your VACATION. You will not find this when you come here for 3 months to try it out. And sorry to break your bubble you will likely NOT find this anyway - no matter how long you are here for. It just is not common as Hillbilly says.

AND THEY NEVER EVER WORK AS A DANCER, ANIMATION ETC ETC. Get real these guys and gals are surrounded by walking wallets all day every day. They are not looking for the real thing - they probably already have that in their Dominican home with their Dominican spouse!

So take the advice offered already - enjoy your boy toy for what he is. Never ever confuse it with something else, something real something of value.

That's the problem....I have been looking for something of value for far too long and have seen glimmers, but always disappointing in the end.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
I rarely post my private info but I had to finally share my experience.
I met MY DDD while on Vacation and followed Hillbilly's Golden Rules and SKING's rules. I got to "know" him while vactaioning for a couple of years and through the internet before I moved here and then I came for 6 mths before I made a permenant move.We now have a successful relationship for the past 2 yrs. BUT I will never,ever marry him and take him to Canada and he knows it.If he wants to go there to visit he'll have to find his own way and get his own visa He works, is opening his own business, and doesn't drink or go out with the guys. He pays his share of the expenses etc. Maybe I'm a hard ass just like SKING, but he respects me. He speaks English and I speak not too bad Spanish (and that is improving, if you don't speak any Sapanish you are in big trouble). His family never, ever asks for anything because I set the rules at the begining.
Follow all the advice from long time posters as I did....Don't let the "feelings" over rule common sense, oh and did I mention FOLLOW Hillbilly's Golden Rules and save yourself the heartach and headach that will surely follow if you don't.
Read more of the Sankie posts and see the crap that's happened to those who don't follow good advice.
My experience so far has been good and as long as I keep following Hillbilly's advice (and not just about the DDD, all his experience/advice is spot on) I'll do ok.
Good luck, follow the rules or have a good fling!

Your post deserves at least 100 additional reputation points! ;)

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
no, I can most likely figure it out, but please explain :)

anchor baby (n): a child born of an immigrant in the United States, said to be a device by which a family can find legal foothold in the US, since those children are automatically allowed to choose American citizenship. Also anchor child, a very young immigrant who will later sponsor citizenship for family members who are still abroad.

This provides, at the very least an opportunity for sponsorship into the host country. It would also strengthen the tie between the two of you, almost ensuring your complicity in his immigration to Canada and the "good life". A spouse and baby are the surest way through the system. Judges and immigrations officials hate to "break up families".

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I want to be as realistic as possible and ask him the right questions to know his intentions.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Money and sex honey!!!!!!

That's about it!

oh, wait VISA!!!!!!!!:tired:

USKK

May 14, 2010
anchor baby (n): a child born of an immigrant in the United States, said to be a device by which a family can find legal foothold in the US, since those children are automatically allowed to choose American citizenship. Also anchor child, a very young immigrant who will later sponsor citizenship for family members who are still abroad.

This provides, at the very least an opportunity for sponsorship into the host country. It would also strengthen the tie between the two of you, almost ensuring your complicity in his immigration to Canada and the "good life". A spouse and baby are the surest way through the system. Judges and immigrations officials hate to "break up families".

Thank you for the clarification. Sounds like quite a plan. I'm from USA so even more literal. Am I allowed to ask where you're from? Sorry this is all new to me as of yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.