boxing gym

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Surprising...fastest growing sport in the world is MMA and it happens to be very international...and there's not a boxing gym in the DR? So wrestling is not done at the school level? No such thing as karate, Brazilian Ju-Jitsu or other martial arts classes available? A lot of potential talent in the D.R. to be let go wasted.

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
does anyone know of any boxing gyms in Sto Dog?

Gold's Gym also has a ring. The only true boxing gym I know of is at the Estadio Olimpico, next to the volleyball court. It's more of a private function but if you pay someone, you can use the gym.

When I went, I was given several different prices. This is very informal and under the table but it can be arranged.

In the end, I moved right next to Gold's Gym so I just use the ring. I do miss the complete boxing gym I went to back in NYC though.

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
it would be awesome to see what kind of boxing talent they have here. I bet its fantastic.
All this energy spent training for baseball, boxing is an easier sport for an individual to do.

theshaolinclaw

Mar 20, 2010
tjmurray you use to live in NYC, me too, in the Bronx. I am a martial arts instructor in combatives for police and military, and did mma. I have a website but not sure if i can post it here. I was looking for a gym becasue I been here for 8 months and getting bored just lifting weights. Thanks you guys.