PNUD inform on education

JFD

Feb 10, 2010
Basically we have the worst education system of all latin america countries...

But, i almost forgot, we have a metro...:speechles

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Now, now, guys, you know you're simply tempting Pichardo to come into this thread and tell us UNDP has it all wrong, that the DR has the best education system in Latin America and it's getting so much better, high-tech and state-of-the-art so quickly that soon it will far surpass the educational systems of Canada and US! :cheeky:

He'll also doubtless make the case that the Metro is helping the education system and alleviate poverty. Believe it or not, I heard such a case being made by Dominican authorities at a side event during the UN Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD) session in New York last month...

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Now, now, guys, you know you're simply tempting Pichardo to come into this thread and tell us UNDP has it all wrong, that the DR has the best education system in Latin America and it's getting so much better, high-tech and state-of-the-art so quickly that soon it will far surpass the educational systems of Canada and US! :cheeky:

He'll also doubtless make the case that the Metro is helping the education system and alleviate poverty. Believe it or not, I heard such a case being made by Dominican authorities at a side event during the UN Commission on Sustainable Development (CSD) session in New York last month...

.............or Nals ;)

You forgot the UN conspiracy against the DR :cheeky:

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Well, Lando, from what I read, it seems that some posters believe that the UN is out to get the DR, each time they publish a report not favorable to the country.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
From today's DR1 news:
Deputy Pelegrin Castillo said that the UN report is part of an "old plan" by some international organizations that want the country to solve all Haiti's problems.

Otherwise reasonable people here have told me that there is an even more devious and highly secret plan by France, the US, Canada and those notoriously perfidious Brits to unify the island.

Next time I'll suggest they try calling the FCO and ask to be put through to the junior minister in charge of the Hispaniola Unification Department. :D

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
They're doing it by stealth - Steve Fisher is Ambassador to both the DR & Haiti so he is the walking personification of the Hispaniola Unification Dept.:cheeky: Otherwise known as the British Unification Regional Programme or BURP for short........

Disclaimer: Dominican friends do not be alarmed. This is British humour.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Loved it: SMURF, BURP,,,,oh Peter Sellers where are you??? Monty Python...

Anyway the report is highly slanted--to the left of course--so you can't really expect more. they want the government to pay the families of students at the UASD so that the students can study. So we get another million or so on the dole!!

This report is a non-event in stream of things, since nobody will pay any attention to it. Did you see that over 40% of the folks that took the exam for school principal or vice-principal flunked??? and a third of those examining for being a teacher flunked too.

Places like the UASD and other shops just pour our so-called "professionals" that then flood the professional associations (Doctors, Lawyers and Engineers) and thereby control them so that nothing ever really gets done.

HB