Advice!!! How to deal with a US dominican man?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mollyjean

Jul 8, 2010
Hey everyone. I really need advice. Here it is.........

I was born and raised in the US. I'm an attractive woman. Blonde hair, blue eyes, freckels, blah, blah, blah, you get the picture. I am pursued by all types of men but have only dated white men.

A month or so ago a dark skinned man caught my eye. I thought he was Indian but found out he was DR. I smiled at him one day and he smiled back. Ever since that first smile we say hello and smile at each other everytime we see each other. I introduced myself to him and he did the same. He told me he doesn't speak English and that he is from DR. Soooooo, we still smile and wave at each other everytime we see each other but that's as far as it goes.

He generally seems interested in me. If I ignore him and don't look at him he will make sure that I catch his eye so he can smile and say hello. He doesn't have a wedding band. But I'm not sure what the Latin culture is when it comes to wedding rings.

Question #1: How do I approach this? Should I play hard to get.

Question #2: Should I ask him out or should I wait for him to ask me? I only ask because the blogs say DR are macho men so I'm confused on what to do......I normally DO NOT ask guys out. But because he doesn't speak English and he's on my native turf I feel like I should do the asking.

Question #3: What do people from the DR do for work in the US if they don't speak English? I see him at the gym in the mornings so I assume he works at night (If he works).

Question #4: Do most DR people have citizenship or do they live her illegally? Sorry, I said I was blonde, so you have been warned:)

Thanks for the help:)

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
Who cares?

Question 1, 3, y 4. Who cares?

Question 2. Why would you want to date a dude who doesnt speak the same language as you? What will you talk about? And how will you know you have anything in common?

And furthermore how do I know you re attractive just because you re blond and have blue eyes?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Question #3: What do people from the DR do for work in the US if they don't speak English? I see him at the gym in the mornings so I assume he works at night (If he works).

Question #4: Do most DR people have citizenship or do they live her illegally? Sorry, I said I was blonde, so you have been warned:)

Answer to no.3 is, they try and hook up and move in with someone using their nice smiles!:cheeky:

I'm being sarcastic but honestly you know nothing about this guy so find out all you can like how did he get to the US? Is he educated and does he have any work skills. Does he work? Pretent he's an American, how would you go about getting to know him if he was?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007

You had to be blonde to ask this question. lol

Sorry, it came from you. He probably is on the run from the person who sponsored him or is still with that person.

Just because he is not wearing a ring doesn't mean he is not married.

Just tell him you want to do the nasty and take it from there!!!!:ermm::ermm::ermm:

Last edited:

mollyjean

Jul 8, 2010
RacerX - WOW! Bad mood today? What is your prob? Obviously I care cause I posted it. And it doesn't matter if I have blonde hair, blue eyes, I was just giving a general descrption. If you don't like my thread, "Buh Bye".

To everyone else-What gives? I find someone attractive and perhaps I would like to get to know them and you guys think I should just not bother cause he speaks spanish? That's a bit biased.

All of that aside. How about you guys let me worry about our communication barrier and just answer the questions.

mollyjean

Jul 8, 2010
Bronxboy- I agree!!! The nasty is a universal language right?...lol.....Didn't say I wanted to marry the guy, just wanted to get something started :)..lol

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Bronxboy- I agree!!! The nasty is a universal language right?...lol.....Didn't say I wanted to marry the guy, just wanted to get something started :)..lol

This I like. A women who knows what she wants. Nothing wrong with finding someone sexually attractive. Just know where to draw the line.

Have fun and use protection.;)

mollyjean

Jul 8, 2010
Bronxboy- That's what I needed to know. Do I pursue him or do I wait for mister macho man to come to me?.....I'm sure he has an English translation calculator or something...lol..right?. He'll figure it out. I think I answered my own question....lol

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Bronxboy- That's what I needed to know. Do I pursue him or do I wait for mister macho man to come to me?.....I'm sure he has an English translation calculator or something...lol..right?. He'll figure it out. I think I answered my own question....lol

Just look at him showing some cleavage. Wet your lips a bit and he will do the rest.

Lucky bastard. lol

Pretty soon, AnnaC is going to send us to pm mode!

rice&beans

Silver
May 16, 2010
A little constructive criticism mollyjean I was raised in the US Big deal, you won't impress anyone on this board by saying that. I'm an attractive women. Blonde hair, blue eyes, freckles Again your assuming that the whole world likes Blonde hair, blue eyes freckles......blah blah blah I am pursed by all types of men but have only dated white men........OUCH...........Do you know how unattractive that statement just sounded?? Not a big deal..... I'm sure it was not intentional...........And it's nice to see a proactive aggressive push from Female to Male in another country besides the DR.....lol.............Wow! especially the US.....you don't see that everyday....hahaha........It sounds like you got it goin on........And I hope your curiosity is satisfied..........BUT FIRST YOU GOTTA CLOSE THE DEAL...........lol.......Good luck ....I'm rootin for ya.............PS........I'm a little bored..........just messing with you.................so don't take this toooooo serious.

Reactions: RacerX

mollyjean

Jul 8, 2010
Thanks Rice&Beans for your input......I
I only put I was born and raised in the US because this is a DR website and so I could truly show my ignorance.But don't fool yourself it's a HUGE deal..lol.........I described myself because I thought it was necessary. Of course blonde chicks are hot, but I didn't mean to offend anyone:).....And I'm sorry about the comment on how I only dated white men. I again put that to show my ignorance towards the Latin male. Besides Latin guys only want me as the "other" girlfriend. I can never seem to find one that isn't already attached..............Anyway, I can't close the deal because then he'll think I'm a total hoe. And we can't have that now can we? It's all game. I think I will wait for him to come to me. He'll figure it out.

Imperialist

Jul 5, 2010
Answer to no.3 is, they try and hook up and move in with someone using their nice smiles!:cheeky:

"They"? What is that suppose to mean? You may have been joking but that comment is just offensive, and it is the type of comment that could leave someone unfamiliar with Dominicans with a bad impression.

Mollyjean I can tell you from experience that the best way to go about this is to flirt and drop hints the way you normally would. I'm Dominican and found myself in the same situation but with a girl that didn't speak Spanish and spoke very little English (she was from Germany).

We started out the same way you described, smiling at each other and saying hi. From there we did our best to communicate (didn't really work but when there is a mutual attraction that doesn't really matter). Eventually we just became more comfortable with each other and things progressed naturally.

My advice to you is to be receptive of flirtation and reciprocate accordingly but try not be too forward or over eager since this turns Dominican men off.

Anyone here will tell you most Dominican men are fairly smooth and your guy should know exactly how to handle himself.

Best of luck.

Last edited:

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Not being critical of you but in the whole United States, is he the best you can do?
No English, maybe a wife back home, probably a low level job if he doesn't speak the language, at least one thing you know for sure, he doesn't need you for a visa.
How would you communicate in the sack, point and click or with a Spanish dictionary in one hand?

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I would imagine he may be gay if he spends a lot of time at the gym and only smiles at ladies

pyratt

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Write this down now, thank me later.

1) His mother "back home" is not sick
2) His cousin "the professional driver" did not have a moto accident and need surgery
3) He is not "going home" to visit "family"...well maybe, but not who he's telling you he's visiting
4) He's not working "late tonight"
5) Do not give him anything :a-n-y-t-h-i-n-g: you wish to have returned~this includes ca$h, pin numbers, jewelry, gifts...or your heart.

mollyjean

Jul 8, 2010
Imperalist- THANK YOU!!! Finally a serious answer. And a good answer. I will take your advice. Thanks again:). Waytogo- Are you saying that because I'm in the US I shouldn't pursue a Domnican man? I guess dominican men are all sneaky and bad? Hmmmm, good to know. Plus, he is more like a challenge for me. But I'm thinking I should be like all other the white people in US and be racist, and continue to stick with my race........sigh.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
he is more like a challenge for me.

Does an attractive blond haired blue eyed woman really need a challenge?
Or is it that he doesn't speak English?
For the cost of a plane ticket here, you can have a million challenges, and I mean challenges. The Dominican men here will turn you upside down, inside out and you will leave satisfied but totally broke and lucky to escape with the clothes on your back.

Status
Not open for further replies.