Traffic control...

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
I would like to post this picture in "The best of the DR" thread but I'll have to contact the owner first to see if I get the permission to.

JJ

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
...es que cuando te llame la sed hay que responder! Es para el carajo que vamos!
Chip, did you forget how to post in English?
Recently many of your responses have been in Spanish.

Are you trying to convert DR1 to a Espa?ol forum or just showing off?

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Chip, did you forget how to post in English?
Recently many of your responses have been in Spanish.

Are you trying to convert DR1 to a Espa?ol forum or just showing off?

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

Bachata is a native speaker so I will respond in Spanish sometimes to him.

You can always use google translate if you don't understand.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Unless I'm mistaken, AMET changes shifts at 5. The picture was taken after 5 in the afternoon, so maybe they're having a cold one after work.

Nothing wrong with that..

Excellent point. I have never seen AMET's drinking on duty here in the Capital. Sometimes I wish they were instead of trying to direct traffic as they are worse than the lights. Large Tapon then AMET is directing traffic.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
Where is your helmet

AMET trying to tow a bike
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/dCSmYBYNAIU?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/dCSmYBYNAIU?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
JJ

Feb 7, 2007
Unless I'm mistaken, AMET changes shifts at 5. The picture was taken after 5 in the afternoon, so maybe they're having a cold one after work.

Nothing wrong with that..

JD that may be right but as far as I know anywhere in the world, if you're off duty BUT in the uniform you still are not allowed to drink /misbehave, etc...

Feb 7, 2007
Excellent point. I have never seen AMET's drinking on duty here in the Capital. Sometimes I wish they were instead of trying to direct traffic as they are worse than the lights. Large Tapon then AMET is directing traffic.

That's right.... when the lights are working, there's no business for AMET to direct traffic. It's been said over and over, everywhere, in newspapers, on radio, everywhere. there's a saying "si hay tapon es porque hay Amet".

On the other hand when traffic was collapsing in SD about 2 weeks ago in the central section (27/Kennedy/Churchill/Lincoln/Gomez) because all the traffic lights were out, there was NO SINGLE Amet to be seen anywhere nearby... Gobierno de la Tarde made a call upon the authorities to send somebody because traffic was absolutely paralyzed ...

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
I will gripe no more!!!

I will gripe no more about corridor Duarte. Worst I have seen here is about 4 kilometers

China's 60-mile traffic jam to last weeks - World news - Asia-Pacific - China - msnbc.com

China's 60-mile traffic jam to last weeks
Gridlock stems from roadworks that won't be finished until next month

BEIJING ? A massive traffic jam in northern China that hit its 10-day mark on Tuesday stems from road construction in Beijing that won't be finished until the middle of next month, an official said.