Golfing at Playa Grande in September

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bklynny

Jan 29, 2009
mrsmangu.com
My husband and I are planning a trip back to the DR the first week in September. He is hoping to golf a few days while we're there. At this point we're torn between a trip to Cabrera/Las Terrenas area where he can golf at Playa Grande, or going to La Romana/Bayahibe area where he can golf at Casa de Campo and a few other courses.

I found what looks to be a great little house to rent in Cabrera, and also a place in La Romana so now I'm trying to find out - Is there any update on Playa Grande going private? Would he still be able to golf there Sept 3-10 (approximate dates right now)? I would hate to plan a trip to the area and find out he can't golf.

Also, Grahame suggested I ask some of the folks down there who normally go to Playa Grande, who might be interested in meeting up with him to golf a day or two. He's bringing his clubs/shoes with him, and we'll also have a vehicle. He'll just need to pay greens fees/cart or caddie fees. If he goes with some of the group on DR1, is there any break at all in the rates? I know it's pretty expensive as a tourist. He's a dominican but a tourist nonetheless.

Any information would be great.

Colleen

Bklynny

Jan 29, 2009
mrsmangu.com
That's great news!

I'm so glad to hear that! We had planned to go last December, but changed our plans and stayed in Cabarete/Sosua area again. This time we're definitely going to go on a "golf" trip. Over the past few days we've decided to go to Cabrera/Las Terrenas rather than a trip to Bayahibe/La Romana. I told him that if he ever wants to golf Playa Grande he better go while he can. We can always plan another trip to Casa de Campo.

Was going to book a little villa that I found but I think we've decided on one of the condos at Hotel La Catalina. I've read good things about it on DR1 and we've never been to Samana or Cabrera so we're really looking forward to it.

Anyone who would like to pair up to golf with him that week is more than welcome. Just let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.