Santiago/Jarabacoa

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Drive south out of Santiago pass the airport, the vacant toll plaza and get off at first exit for lavega,make a right hand turn when you get off the hwy, you should have a duty free zone to your left side, then just continue on straight up up up up the mountains to Jarabacoa.

bp: Thank you.
How long do you think it will take me?
and what is the best time to avoid traffic?

It will take probably an hour or so maybe longer because the scenery going up to Jarabacoa the first time is beautiful,You wont realize that you are in the caribean anymore, It reminds me alot of upstate NY more than most places in the DR. As for traffic it should not be that bad at anytime once your out of Santiago, except for the trucks that can barely move up the mountain.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
It will take probably an hour or so maybe longer because the scenery going up to Jarabacoa the first time is beautiful,You wont realize that you are in the caribean anymore, It reminds me alot of upstate NY more than most places in the DR. As for traffic it should not be that bad at anytime once your out of Santiago, except for the trucks that can barely move up the mountain.

Super.....:cheeky:

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
Probably an hour, its Friday so not many trucks certainly not on this hour but a lot of people coming from Santiago and Santo Domingo to their second house in Jarabacoa.
Sunday is disaster day because a lot of locals drive up towards La Confluenzia and you don't want to be stuck at the end of a long, long trail of "cars" who barely can climb :bunny:

Add another 15 minutes from Jarabacoa city to the River Club.

Give a sign when you arrive, love to meet you!

Acira

Silver
Sep 20, 2009
www.blazingfuries.com
When entering Jarabacoa you will see Banco Popular at your right side, take the road at the side of Banco Popular. You will pass supermercado Jarabacoa, continue straight to the traffic lights, take a right there and take the first road on your left. Keep following this road for a number of miles and you will end up at the River Club on your right side.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Probably an hour, its Friday so not many trucks certainly not on this hour but a lot of people coming from Santiago and Santo Domingo to their second house in Jarabacoa.
Sunday is disaster day because a lot of locals drive up towards La Confluenzia and you don't want to be stuck at the end of a long, long trail of "cars" who barely can climb :bunny:

Add another 15 minutes from Jarabacoa city to the River Club.

Give a sign when you arrive, love to meet you!

Thanks Acira:
I will love to meet you too.
Sent you a pm.

chiquitika13

Sep 1, 2010
Hey I have a question I am flying into santiago and need to get to or near el rancho jarabacoa what advise do you give me.... Dont feel like paying $75 dollars either. Should i rent a car is there a bus???? Please give me insite thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Depends on how much luggage you have.
Take a taxi fromthe airport to the Parque de los Chachasis (Calle Sabana Larga)
Take a bus to Jarabacoa.

Next!

HB