Pls guide me through the Claro menus

Status
Not open for further replies.

cab

Aug 9, 2010
I'm not fluent in Spanish and I'm finding it difficult to manage through the Claro menus. Can anyone help?

First thing I'd like to get rid off is the IDEAS CLICK, Haz Click! ads that keep popping up with an ACCEPT or a CANCEL button. I'm tired of having to keep clicking CANCEL. I wish there was a STOP button.

I'd also like to know how to check how many minutes are left, and when I should add more money. Is there an English option?

Thanks

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
I'm not fluent in Spanish and I'm finding it difficult to manage through the Claro menus. Can anyone help?

First thing I'd like to get rid off is the IDEAS CLICK, Haz Click! ads that keep popping up with an ACCEPT or a CANCEL button. I'm tired of having to keep clicking CANCEL. I wish there was a STOP button.

I'd also like to know how to check how many minutes are left, and when I should add more money. Is there an English option?

Thanks

Claro – Escoge la Red, Escoge Claro 3G

cab

Aug 9, 2010
Dial claro 809 220 1111 and press star key to speak to someone in english

matilda

It's a bit tricky. They only have english services for post-paid services and not pre-paid.

They asked me to dial *91 but that's exclusively for English.

Do you guys know why sometimes if someone tries to call me from the US, they need to try like 30 - 40 times before my phone here actually rings? I checked and it does appear that I have excellent reception.

BradM

Sep 6, 2007
You can change some things to English, some you can't. To change the language dial *23+send. The recording will come up in spanish, but at the end of the recording press "2" for english. That will change everything except for the voicemail. Dialing *122#+send will show you your balance information. Lots of this info can be found on this page Claro – Escoge la Red, Escoge Claro 3G, and yes it's in spanish.

Voicemail:
1 - Listen to Messages
2 - Save a message you've listened to
5 - Delete the message

3 - Change Options
1 - Change name (not sure on this one)
2 - Change greeting
4 - Change Password

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
I guess you're talking the menu on the phone itself...

From their website:
*122# + Send = Balance (no charge to request... you'll get a text msg)

*99 + Send = your voicemail. at least with orange, you have a choice to choose english prompts when you set it up the first time

*23 + Send = Change your menu's language

Thanks

cab

Aug 9, 2010
Thanks guys. This helps. I think I can get around okay now.

By the way, in my earlier post, I meant..
"They asked me to dial *91 but that's exclusively for Spanish"

Status
Not open for further replies.