Immigration Photos

Love & Laugh

Sep 25, 2010
Hi All - I wasn't sure where to post this, but have a few questions. For now, just one. I got married about 6 months ago and going through my sponsorship application. My husband does not speak English so I am a bit nervous about him going to get his photos taken and wanted to know if anyone could recommend a photographer in Bavaro or Santo Domingo who can understand the specific photos that immigration requested.
Please let me know if I need to post this under a different thread.

Thanks, LL

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I'm pretty sure that any photographer in either location who does passport photos would be able to do immigration photos for him.

Are you in the US, UK or Canada?

I will move this to the visa forum.

AE

Love & Laugh

Sep 25, 2010
I'm in Canada, my husband will be doing this - he's in Santo Domingo. Or, we can do it in Punta Cana when I visit, if I can get it in 48hrs. I was nervous because of the language barrier and trying to prevent delays. Do you have a refferal, someone whom who know does this frequently?
Sure, go ahead and move the post.
Thanks, LL

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Hi Love,

Most places that do passport pictures will do immigration pictures.

Your husband will know where to find a place like this. It doesn't matter what city he has them done in.

If you are concerned that they won't be done correctly, why not email/fax him the page from the application guide that shows the dimensions? You don't need english to be able to figure out the measurements.

You will get the pics right away just as you would in Canada...well maybe in a hour or two.

Sangria

Love & Laugh

Sep 25, 2010
He has the paper with the dimensions. I was just nervous I guess because I won't be there, but based on the responses, I guess all should be OK.
Thank you all, LL