cheap long term rental

vahauger

Oct 8, 2010
I am not having much luck finding an inexpensive long term rental in Las Terrenas. Every thing that I see looks pretty expensive! I am trying to stay around $600 per month. HELP!

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
i know it would be too much of a coincidence but i just got an email from the people near las terrenas that we were to rent a villa from that they had just rented the villa for 6 months. would be ironic if this op were the renter after i helped direct him to the area :) i am not upset as the people have found us an awesome upgrade but just wondering....:rolleyes:

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
i know it would be too much of a coincidence but just thought it funny that my place got rented for 6 mos. and i am not upset at all, i hope he does rent the place as it looks awesome :) and i am a bit jealous that he gets 6months in my favorite place and not me! :cool:

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
once again i did not say this is the same place, just a mere coincidence. the place where i was looking was $450/week and it is not beyond the realm of possibility to think for a long term commitment it could go for that price. did not mean to cause an uproar..lol peace, ben

vahauger

Oct 8, 2010
Ben,
It wasn't me. I am still looking and I am only interested in 4 months not 6 months.

ben jammin

Aug 3, 2007
i was hoping it was you! anyway good luck in your search and i agree with the poster who said just show up and look while there. many times the places that rent for less are not advertised and i am sure you could find something. there are some nice, inexpensive hotels that are centrally located that would suffice while you are looking. best wishes, ben

vahauger

Oct 8, 2010
Thanks Ben, I was thinking about doing just that, but I would hate to go all the way up there from Santo Domingo and not be able to find anything.
Vince

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Thanks Ben, I was thinking about doing just that, but I would hate to go all the way up there from Santo Domingo and not be able to find anything.
Vince

You're like me Vince, I was afraid of the same thing. We drove there from SD and had our choice of all sorts of places in LT - and it was January. Ben is right, just go. Seek and ye shall find.....;)

AE

vahauger

Oct 8, 2010
Alterego,
Thanks for the advice. Actually I am not big on picking out a place to stay by looking at a few pictures. I did that once before and I was very dissapointed at the results. I would rather go there and personally look at something before I choose. I was a little concerned about going up there to find something in Nov. and not finding something because of high season coming up. Thanks again everyone for your much needed help.

Vince

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Rental in LT

Hi:

Google Paseo Residencia Apartments. It is located in the tourist sector adjacent to El Paseo shopping plaza. It is walking distance to everything but private and very quiet. This would be a very good option for what you want to spend.

S

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Hi
Try www.residenciadelpaseo. This is a small apartment type hotel/residence located next to El Paseo shopping plaza. It is in the tourist area of Las Terrenas but is very private and quiet. It is a 5 minutes walk to the beach. They also have there own pool. I believe the prices here for a monthly stay are reasonable.

S

hotdog

Apr 4, 2011
How do you know what's for rent?

When you go to Las Terrenas and decide to "shop around" for a place to rent, where do you get a "listing" for all the available properties?
Thanks!