What do you want to see through my lens?

eddieinmiami

Aug 17, 2010
Hello everyone...

I am very excited...I will be in Santiago visiting family I haven't seen in over 15 years, and will have my D-SLR in hand with a new wide angle lens, and CPL filter...

Is there anything in Santiago that you would like to see pictures of...any land marks...something you wish you had a picture of?

Let me know...I will be there from the 14th to the 25th...Also...any good sushi spots in Santiago?

And is it even safe to walk around with a camera, or should I be more cautious than the ghettos of Miami?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You do not want to walk around with it just hanging there...or I might find it at the local pawn shop!!

However, good shots of Santiago will be interesting after so long an absence. Go to a ball game, the Aguilas are in town, and the season is just beginning.

RE: Suchi...there is Sushi Ya at the corner of Metropolitana and Calle 10, and excellent experience. There is also a suchi place at the new mall across the street from Codetel.

Take pictures of people, they are always interesting@!!

Have a good time. Drop by for coffee!!

HB

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
You do not want to walk around with it just hanging there...or I might find it at the local pawn shop!! HB

When I first visited Santiago 5 years ago I brought along an expensive Nikon and walked all over town taking photographs. The men weren't so crazy about it BUT the women couldn't drop me a pose fast enough. Every woman smiled and got a real kick out of it. Took photos from the top of the monument, restaurants and everywhere I went. I think back and realize how lucky I was not to have this expensive camera torn from my neck. But I was always with a small group of people so that probably helped.......
Even the police walking the downtown area posed for me....
You will have a great time......

B in Santiago

Reactions: Lucille