Customs taxes on Womens Perfume and Mens Cologne

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I'm going to start my Christmas shopping early for my friends here and the women always talk about perfume products. If I ship in quantities under the 200 dollar mark by EPS, will I get hit with import taxes. When I purchase these products at the Miami airport (duty free) there is a whole rigmarole you have to go through.

B in Santiago

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
I'm going to start my Christmas shopping early for my friends here and the women always talk about perfume products. If I ship in quantities under the 200 dollar mark by EPS, will I get hit with import taxes. When I purchase these products at the Miami airport (duty free) there is a whole rigmarole you have to go through.

B in Santiago

Just had some shipped in through EPS and no hassle from Aduana, but only one item. way under the 200 limit

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are people here, the ones who sell from catelogs, that have some fair deals. I just got a nice men's cologne for 1,250, to replace one of my son's favorites. If he liked it, so did most people, he seemed to have a knack for that sort of stuff.

Let me know and I'll get her number...

HB

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Previously, I have been bringing 4-5 tins of perfumes but I was never charged for it (in terms of tax). How much would it cost me if I bring above hundred quality perfumes (of both men and women) from Canada to the India?

Are you traveling through Santo Domingo?

Reactions: drloca