Pools/piscina in santiago

tilinmarte

Aug 29, 2007
I wanted to know where I can find public pools in santiago that are nice besides Kaskada park and Andy Ranch. Im looking for several other places . As for andy ranch I have never been in the water but have gone a several times to have beers with friends.Just looking for a nice pool to go for a swimm get some exercise.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
Public swimming pools:

Hotel Matum- 809-581-3107 ( I heard the pool is not to clean)
You can pay to have access to the pool and have your drink with your friends and exercise yourself as well...;)
Amaprosan- 809-971-1963 is a private club, but I also heard that you can pay $150.00 pesos p/p and they allow you to enter and they sell drinks and food as well...
Amaprosan has a beautiful, huge and deep pool....very nice...

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
You may luck out and meet AZB at the Gran Almirante pool...;)

You could also join Centro Espanol or one of the other private clubs if you know folks...

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
If he wants to join The Gurabito Country Club....has a nice pool too and a lot of parties...and it is not as difficult and expensive as The Centro Espanol to become a member......
At the GCC is very easy to bring your friends with you...

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
This is why you need contacts in DR. If you don't have contacts, you pay every step of the way and get little in return. The best pool is Hotel GranAlmirante, No kids peeing in the pool and certainly not a hurd of barrio chopos doing back flips in the water. Clean and relaxed pool with million dollar view; all for free. This is why you need connections in DR, in order to live in luxury. I have gotten a few dr1er in to the pool area and introduceed them to my friends inside. Now I will not do this for many others just because they will mess it all up for everyone. Many guys take along cheap hookers or barrio family of their chopas and then, eventually, have us all kicked out.
AZB

Reactions: badpiece33

Amu

Oct 4, 2010
hahahahahaha...AZB, that comment is just priceless!!!! barrio chopos doing back flips...hahahahhaha, ohh God!!! so true...

Amu

Oct 4, 2010
Andy ranch???? do u want to swim or catch some "raqui?a"? haha....the only public pools i'd recommend you are the ones in well known hotels/clubs of the city..i think u can go to hodelpa's pool(the hotel near the airport)...but my best recommendation is to find a friend who can get you in el Centro Espa?ol, it's probably the cleneast and classiest public pool of the city....you have to leave ur barrio mami in her house tough...hahahaha, joking...

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Andy ranch???? do u want to swim or catch some "raqui?a"? haha....the only public pools i'd recommend you are the ones in well known hotels/clubs of the city..i think u can go to hodelpa's pool(the hotel near the airport)...but my best recommendation is to find a friend who can get you in el Centro Espa?ol, it's probably the cleneast and classiest public pool of the city....you have to leave ur barrio mami in her house tough...hahahaha, joking...

Hahahah, "raqui?a". Exactly what i thought when I saw a million adults and kids drinking & swimming yet no one is leaving for the bathroom.

bachata

Aprendiz de todo profesional de nada
Aug 18, 2007
The Matum pool is clean, it just isnt anything special to look at.
that is the oldest one in town and the first swimming pool I saw in my life, there is another place anyone can afford to pay subscription and monthly fees and the name is "Asociacion de choferes y conductores del Cibao" the pool and the club house are nice and clean but you will have to socialize with concho and taxi drivers if you don't mind, all you need is driver license to become a member.
I'm a member since 1984, well I think so as don't pay my quote since a long time ago.:surprised

JJ

tilinmarte

Aug 29, 2007
that is the oldest one in town and the first swimming pool I saw in my life, there is another place anyone can afford to pay subscription and monthly fees and the name is "Asociacion de choferes y conductores del Cibao" the pool and the club house are nice and clean but you will have to socialize with concho and taxi drivers if you don't mind, all you need is driver license to become a member.
I'm a member since 1984, well I think so as don't pay my quote since a long time ago.:surprised

JJ

I will try and get into club amaprosan as it looks closest to what I'm looking for. But I do know some taxi drivers i'll ask them about it. I would love to go to the admirante but I really don't want to go through the inconvienence but AZB I'll keep you in mind and send you a PM. I will be down there next week!!

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
I will try and get into club amaprosan as it looks closest to what I'm looking for. But I do know some taxi drivers i'll ask them about it. I would love to go to the admirante but I really don't want to go through the inconvienence but AZB I'll keep you in mind and send you a PM. I will be down there next week!!

Tilin: I have a long time taxi driver from Camino, if you want I give you his name, cel and base phone number.

Reactions: Bronxboy

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Centro Espanol is most likely the nicest pool in Santiago, but I'd hardly call it "public."

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Centro Espanol is most likely the nicest pool in Santiago, but I'd hardly call it "public."
Subscription quote and monthly fees are expensive, plus some geographic, social and economic requirements.

JJ

tilinmarte

Aug 29, 2007
Subscription quote and monthly fees are expensive, plus some geographic, social and economic requirements.

JJ

I've gone to centro espanol several times with my cousin and his friends we played softbal and had barb b que and also enjoyed the pool unfortunately he has moved to new york. Since i will be staying there for more than a week , hopefully 3-4 weeks i'll be able to speak with more realtives and friends. Lucille as for the taxi its fine I know many cab drivers from taxi central/ soberano and some others . My cousin is also a cabbie down there so he'll help me if needed. But thank you!!

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
Lucille as for the taxi its fine I know many cab drivers from taxi central/ soberano and some others .

Mhhh, looks to me that you hang out by Las Colinas, El Barrio, monterrico y zonas eladanas, as theses are the taxi company that serve this area of the city..

JJ

bachata

Aug 18, 2007
And what about EMI?

Emi and Apolo serve all over the city, they are the leader in the market.
Emi # 1 only in Santiago = 350 cabs by 2007 when I was in business
Apolo # 2 in Santiago. = 160 cabs but in 1996 when enrolled in this Co. = 300. By the time # 1 in Santiago market.
Apolo is the # 1 in Domonican Rep. 1,700. cabs in SD plus the number of santiago makes them the biggest company in the area.

JJ

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
Ga

The Gran Almirante is really nice pool, sadly when I was lounging about, there was a lot of old, ugly dudes asking each other where to find wives. This seemed to be led by a local ugly white dude (sorry if you post here whoever you are) who was able to "hook up" some of the new ones with ideas and places and "my maid's cousin's sister" type thing.... Another American lady and I made friends, and we sat near each other so we could at least chit chat publicly about other things than finding cute young husbands. We discussed education and literature and the fact that we were both once exchange students. She went to PUCMM, I was in another country. GREAT POOL cold drinks, but lacking in intellectual atmosphere and overwhelming vibe of wife hunters. Could have been the convention in town who knows.

Reactions: Lucille