Delta is the worst airline in USA

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
For me, delta is the best. I love their 1st class in transatlantic flights. They have seats that become full horizontal flat beds, the food is just great (5 courses?). They also have a 10+ inches LCD screen with latest movies and Tv shows. 9 hr + flight from london to atlanta, didn't even feel it.
So I don't care what the people say. Delta is #1 for me.
AZB

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007

Yeah. Delta sucks. They'll cancel a flight in a heartbeat if they can't get the plane half full and let you figure out your own best route home. Thank goodness I've got 3 local major airports or I'd probably still be in Atlanta since August.

To their credit.....when they put on a sale it is possible for someone as frugal as me to forgive and forget. They have put on some helluva sales. I just won't fly 1st class with them on a Caribbean route again. Their old azz cracked up leather seats trashed one of my favorite Italian knits. They send their crappiest planes to the Caribbean.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I just won't fly 1st class with them on a Caribbean route again. Their old azz cracked up leather seats trashed one of my favorite Italian knits. They send their crappiest planes to the Caribbean.

I agree, their 1st class in flights to DR is nothing to write home about. The old azz MD88 doesn't even have hot oven inside so you have to eat those choke sandwiches they serve with lame chocolate chip cookie etc. Thanks god its only a short flight from USA so I don;t complain. Now the SDQ-JFK and I think ATL-SDQ fights are still 737 and they do serve hot meal in the first class. The seats are a bit wider but the fitting is old. So the 1st class in DR flights are not worth the extra cash.
AZB

Jan 5, 2006
I've only flown Delta from JFK to European destinations, and the plane, ammenities, and service were excellent. Continental to Europe from EWR is comparable. AA & US Airways to Europe suck! Alitalia and Lufthansa are better than any of the US based airlines, and Iberia is the worst airline of all.

From the US to DR, I've flown on AA, Continental, and Jetblue. As of my most recent experience, JB is best. I haven't flown AA since they scrapped the A300, so maybe things have changed, 'cause those planes were garbage.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
THe service in Delta is poor, they should lear at least from British Airways, First Class in BA is good, not as fine as in Cathay PAcific or Quatar ....

Delta, AA, US, UA remind Greyhound Buses.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I'm not one to complain too much, but I've had the worst experiences by far with Delta while flying out of Texas back to Michigan. I can kind of understand if an airline has to cancel a flight, but in those situations is the attitude of the workers and how helpful they are in trying to help the customer that makes all the differences. This is the reason why Southwest continues to be one of the best regarded airlines and why if having a choice I now avoid Delta like the plague.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
I'm not one to complain too much, but I've had the worst experiences by far with Delta while flying out of Texas back to Michigan. I can kind of understand if an airline has to cancel a flight, but in those situations is the attitude of the workers and how helpful they are in trying to help the customer that makes all the differences. This is the reason why Southwest continues to be one of the best regarded airlines and why if having a choice I now avoid Delta like the plague.

Delta's new motto:

"Get ready to spend the night in Atlanta"

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
No wonder that delta can't full up their 16 or 24 first/business class to Dominican Republic, because is not worth it. Mostly the Non rev take up on those seats and really the airline doesn't make an huge profit from it.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
My two centavos:

Have flown Delta to the DR (STI & SDQ) and have never had an issue. Service was ok, flight attendants nice enough. Only thing that really does suck is their business class as some of you ahve stated. Horrific!

la_barbie

Bronze
May 6, 2004
I have flewn with Delta a couple times to DR (Toronto-Atlanta-Puerto Plata) never had a problem... love shopping at Atlanta airport and hold on for dear life on that subway/train thing lol I ended up on some guys lap... but I've never had any issues with them... I find the American companies to have more comfortable flights (besides Westjet in Canada). I've flewn AA Toronto-Miami-Puerto Plata also and no complaints...

Prices for flights connecting in the USA are sometimes a better deal than ****ty ass Canadian charter flights and you have more luggage allowance.

I'll definatley fly with Delta again...

Sep 20, 2003
Delta has always been a nightmare for me. I used to fly on it a lot, simply because it was the only major airline operating out of the town where I used to live in North Carolina.

Delta was constantly losing my luggage and it seemed like most flights were delayed (usually for mechnical problems). I've never had an experience quite like that with any airline on the Earth. Quite bizarre really.

I wrote about this (along with all the gruesome details) five years ago on DR1

I find it hard to believe that quality airlines like Air France and Asiana would partner with them.

genistar

Jul 29, 2009
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
Other quality airlines will partner with them because they may have no other choice. They were the biggest airline until Continental and United merged. There aren't that many big players out there in the airline world. In the US you have AA, Delta, Southwest, and United-Continental (not in that order, but these are the top 4 based on size). Several factors will help determine who to partner with.
- Reservation system software compatibility
- Coverage of geographic area
- Currently existing contracts with competitors

Could be that AA is already partnered with Lufthansa and United-Continental with Ryanair and Southwest's reservation system is outdated. (These are possibilities - I have no idea if these are the actual partnerships that exist.) But this is the way that airlines go about deciding who to partner with.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Delta has always been a nightmare for me. I used to fly on it a lot, simply because it was the only major airline operating out of the town where I used to live in North Carolina.

Delta was constantly losing my luggage and it seemed like most flights were delayed (usually for mechnical problems). I've never had an experience quite like that with any airline on the Earth. Quite bizarre really.

I wrote about this (along with all the gruesome details) five years ago on DR1

I find it hard to believe that quality airlines like Air France and Asiana would partner with them.

DId you call AF a quality Airline...you need to come to Atlanta in US customs to see how many bags are left in Paris from AF ground handler...we have over 50 every day....US airlines DL is a good company great airline for great people..and very proud to be part of this great airline.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
For me, delta is the best. I love their 1st class in transatlantic flights. They have seats that become full horizontal flat beds, the food is just great (5 courses?). They also have a 10+ inches LCD screen with latest movies and Tv shows. 9 hr + flight from london to atlanta, didn't even feel it.
So I don't care what the people say. Delta is #1 for me.
AZB

Hola AZB...No more POP for Delta...:*