How do I legally force Edenorte to do their job

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The development I live in has problems when it rains heavily. Some of the wiring is underground and shorts out. I spoke to the developer who installed this wiring and it was approved by the "government/power company" at the time. Edenorte now legally owns this wiring and the transformers. Edenorte officials have been contacted and they refuse to upgrade the problematic wiring. Instead they have tried to extort money from us to do the work.

I am certain this would have been fixed long ago if a government official lived in our area.

How do I legally force Edenorte do to their job?

I have been to Protecom and lodged complaints with ICODEN but all I get is lip service, blah,blah, blah. What can I legally do about this?

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Your only hope unless you have deep pockets is to get the local junta de vecinos for the development to draft a letter and take it to the Edenorte office. The junta de vecinos needs to be registered and have more than just a few members. That's how things are done in this country by the locals. Otherwise you will probably be ignored.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Your only hope unless you have deep pockets is to get the local junta de vecinos for the development to draft a letter and take it to the Edenorte office. The junta de vecinos needs to be registered and have more than just a few members. That's how things are done in this country by the locals. Otherwise you will probably be ignored.

I did forget to mention that I have been there and done that. The head of the office in Santiago asked for money. That is why I am asking for legal assistance.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I did forget to mention that I have been there and done that. The head of the office in Santiago asked for money. That is why I am asking for legal assistance.

You misunderstood me. One way is to pay off the engineer or pay a lawyer a lot of money or through the junta de vecinos you pay nothing and merely ask them to do their job. If you are not part of a junta de vecinos they will ignore you. We have gotten all our power lines changed, streetlight fixture and bulb changes already done and have sewer additions and pavement planned in their near future for free.

E

engineerfg

Maybe this is a westerners suggestion, but it seems in my area everytime there's some publicity about something, the powers that be react to not look bad.

Get a hidden camera, tape your ordeal from start to finish, offer it to a newspaper as an exclusive story? Name and shame? As a story it may be business as usual, but it seems nobody likes the power companies here, so maybe it will have legs?