Best Buffet Restaurants in the Dominican Republic?

DRBounce

Sep 23, 2010
So, I probably won't be doing the AI hotel, or at least not as much as I wanted to. In all honesty though, my main reason to go AI was to indulge in the buffet(s). In Asia, they have FANTASTIC buffets in even 2-3 star hotels (shoutout to the Majestic in Hong Kong).What are some of the best buffet restaurants in all of the Dominican Republic?

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
without knowing exactly where in DR you'll be, I'd say the closest good buffet would be in Miami.

DRBounce

Sep 23, 2010
Sorry about that, lets say I would be in the Santo Domingo area. I won't need a room, just the buffet.

rsg

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
MMMMM Good, i can see it now..A bunch of Barrio kids serving themselves at the buffet, spilling rice all over my flan..Hell no !!!!

You better go to Vegas...

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I think what they are trying to tell you is that, there are no buffet restaurants in the DR.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
The only place I've ever seen a buffet in the DR is at an all-inclusive, and since you say that is what you are trying to avoid, you may be out of luck.

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
In santo Domingo you will struggle, there isn't enough traffic to warrant buffet service in your every day restaurant. Only A/I will assure you of buffet service as they know you will be there. I am sure someone will correct me on that though.
You are a little muddled in what you are doing, are you sure being spoon fed in an A/I wouldn't suit you better for your first trip?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
The Hotel Santo Domingo has breakfast and lunch buffets, not sure about dinner. I've eaten there as a guest of the hotel, and have also met my friend there for lunch several times. Don't remember how much it was last time, but it was tasty.

AE

DRBounce

Sep 23, 2010
Thanks AlterEgo and Mountain. I think we are on the same page. I was referring to things more in hotels, as it seems likely that they would have buffets in hotels. Also, even if I'm not staying at the AI hotel, I don't see why they wouldn't take my money and let me indulge in their buffet.

BTW, this will be like my 5th time to the DR (third time as an adult). Not a first-timer at all. This is however my first time bringing a first timer who speaks no spanish and whose first language is not English, so I'm just trying to make sure things work out well.

Patron

Mar 17, 2010
If you are in santiago, try Rancho Chito for their lunch buffet. Great food and it only cost around $150 pesos.

DRBounce

Sep 23, 2010
I actually searched and saw you posted previously about some BBQ buffet over there. If I manage to find a couple of other things to do in that area, then I would love to check it out. Not likely, but not impossible either.

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
If you are in santiago, try Rancho Chito for their lunch buffet. Great food and it only cost around $150 pesos.

Patron:
You are new in town and you already found a buffet for $150.00 pesos?
Wow....lol... Can you find the fountain of youth? ;)
Where is Rancho Chito located?
Lucille

Jan 9, 2004
El Conuco restaurant....

Thanks AlterEgo and Mountain. I think we are on the same page. I was referring to things more in hotels, as it seems likely that they would have buffets in hotels. Also, even if I'm not staying at the AI hotel, I don't see why they wouldn't take my money and let me indulge in their buffet.

BTW, this will be like my 5th time to the DR (third time as an adult). Not a first-timer at all. This is however my first time bringing a first timer who speaks no spanish and whose first language is not English, so I'm just trying to make sure things work out well.

in Gazcue, has or had a small but adequate Dominican buffet (in addition to choices on their menu).

The reason I mention it, is that you are bringing a first timer....and the small show they put on several times a night is very entertaining for first timers. For a sneak peek you can find several videos on Youtube.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2