Easter In Santiago

Horace74

Dec 9, 2010
Hi all. I'll be in Santiago on Easter weekend and I had a few of questions.

1. Will it be a hard to get a hotel room for this weekend?

2. With the atmosphere in the city be festive or subdued?

3. How long is the drive to Sosua and what would be the cost for a driver one way?

Thanks and I look forward to hearing back.

Redscot

Dec 10, 2004
Santiago will be a ghost town (relatively speaking). The wealthy will be at the beach and the rest will be in the campo visiting their relatives (with some vice-a-versa). Personally I hit the beach the week leading up to Easter weekend and head home to Santiago for the weekend, going against the grain and enjoying the peace and quiet on both ends.

So, the city will be relatively subdued, but it is a city so there will be action. Finding a place to stay should not be hard to find.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I agree with Redscot. I never know where I will be, but maybe Punta Rucia. Or maybe Punta Cana,,,depends, cause it could be Florida...depending on $$ and airfares...whatever.

Santiago is very quiet, but there are things going on...You will find parties at the discos and clubs...

And the traffic in town will be so nice!!

HB

RacerX

Banned
Nov 22, 2009
What YOU NEED TO DO. Is find out will the people you want to spend time with be in Santiago for Easter Sunday(which actually starts on Viernes Santo). If you plan it right, have RELIABLE friends and are willing to spend a little you can have dinner all weekend at various peoples' houses. Those that cannot afford to go to the beach nor the campo will stay at home bored. Your presence may make them happy. A couple of trips to La Nacional o its equivalent for groceries and liquor and you may have a real nice weekend. But dont take my word for it, you can do something.

You getting a hotel room depends on how early you book. When is Easter this year? I hope in April.

Horace74

Dec 9, 2010
Thanks. Will it be easy to get a driver to Sosua and, if so, how much? Also, the last time I was there Ahi Bar and Passions were jumping. Will there be a big fall off in night life on Easter Weekend?