Need advice locating debtors real estate in Punta Cana.

pbbuff

Dec 18, 2010
I need help locating a debtor's real estate in Punta Cana. The person owes me alot of money and he owns a condo ( paid with cash ) in Punta Cana. Do I check directly with the Property Registrar or hire an investigator or lawyer? I would appreciate your advice. Thanks.

Reactions: mike l

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Unfortunately, you are probably going to have to find a lawyer in this case..

Good luck.

HB

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
What Is "A Lot of Money"?? To You?

In The DR it is VERY HARD to recover a debt.
Unless you have a "Lot OF Money" to spend,and a "Lot Of Time" (YEARS!) you will be wasting both here!
Many of the killings you read about in the newspapers here are to "Ajustar La Cuenta",or to; "Settle The Account"! That is faster,and cheaper than using the legal system,and the maximum legal penalty is only 30 years in "HELL",jail! :devious::devious::devious:
cris colon

Disclaimer: In NO WAY do I advocate violence of ANY KIND!!! :cheeky::cheeky:
ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
I need help locating a debtor's real estate in Punta Cana. The person owes me alot of money and he owns a condo ( paid with cash ) in Punta Cana. Do I check directly with the Property Registrar or hire an investigator or lawyer? I would appreciate your advice. Thanks.

Forget the Magnum P.I. and go for your DR version of Matlock P.C...

The most important part of all this is how the funds got into the hands of the debtor (if that was the case) and if papers were signed.

If papers got signed, the data you need is in those documents and locating the person is not so important. Once a motion is filed in court, the notice is posted in the local papers and the burden is on the side of the debtor to show up or lose the case.

Albeit it's not so easy to win it in a DR court or to have a judge issue a final say pending contest from the debtor, is doable.

The condo is a good point for your DR lawyer to clear out the path to naming your debtor and placing the burden on him in court.