Hooray - I saw Shell Gas Station Punta Cana

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Just arrived PC yesterday. As I went to pick up car couldn't believe my eyes -- SHELL GASOLINE STATION! Was told it opened about 3 months ago. Wow - between Supermercado Nacional and now a Gas Station! Someone has pushed many buttons (Ranieri?) -- very happy. Only wish weather was a bit better - a bit on the cool side.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Shell here isn't the Royal Dutch Shell you think of. All the stations in the DR were sold to a fuel outfit based in (I think) Barbados.

The name is from a licensing agreement.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Look at Bright Side

do not get to enthusiastic, they will run out in 3 days,,,,,,,,,,,,,and back to sq 1

mufc

Really - runout in 3 days -- has it happened yet? Have you been there personally? I guess you don't get the clear meaning of this place opening to people living in PC. Hopefully no more driving to Veron through bumpy roads etc etc. It is positive - look at it THAT way.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
another dr1 hypocrite....

Just arrived PC yesterday. As I went to pick up car couldn't believe my eyes -- SHELL GASOLINE STATION! Was told it opened about 3 months ago. Wow - between Supermercado Nacional and now a Gas Station! Someone has pushed many buttons (Ranieri?) -- very happy. Only wish weather was a bit better - a bit on the cool side.

LOOK AT BRIGHT SIDE....It is 31 degrees here in NY, and you are complaining it is too cold in PC, practice what you preach.

Reactions: Bronxboy

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Bumpy Roads up to Veron???
You don't really know anything about the Area/Roads or whatsoever??
those Roads are actually in the best shape ever, I hit more bumps in my year driving around the US and the same in Europe.
and Yes, Air is cool now in PC, as usual for our wintermonths Dec/Jan/Feb.
right now it is even warmer than it was last week, that was COLD, lol.
at least we have sunny Days and the wind is below it usual 10-15mphr Average for this time of the Year.
did ya ask when Your New Shell Gas Station will open a Gas Station Shop at the Station?
the room is still empty, service is very slow, the guy who washed my windshield made it "Dirty".
next Time I will sweep Veron again for Gas, a stop at La Recta, a Stop at the Butcher, Stop at the Gas Station and a Fria to go for the Ride back Home to Cabeza de Toro, much more Fun and better Service.

Happy Hollies

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
when did you drive the road up to Veron for the last Time, my friend?
it is all mew pavedsince a longer while, and a few weeks ago they stupidly even brought on an other new layer of Petroleum, they seem to have leftover pavement material lately here, lol.

Mike

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Like the two other main petrol stations in the area (Cruce de Ver?n and Friusa) it's cash only. They're all owned by the Cacique of the east, Senator Amable Aristy Castro.

The Ver?n road has been paved; the only bumps are the speed bumps by the Police station and the health clinic.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Heya Chiri,
getting the Pork ready?

the Shell's are owned by Sen. Amable Aristy castro,
the Texaco Station in Friusa is owned by the Friusa Company, at least they opened it years ago, should still own it.
at the Veron Station I paid 400 Gallons of Diesel 2 weeks ago with a Debit Card from Banco de Leon. I know their System been not available for a while, but actually You can use Your CC again, until the next "failures" of course, lol.

Merry X-mas

Mike

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
No Hypocrite Here

LOOK AT BRIGHT SIDE....It is 31 degrees here in NY, and you are complaining it is too cold in PC, practice what you preach.

Please - look up what hypocrite means. I don't think you understand college level (kindergarten level?) English!!!! I was not complaining at all - I just came down from NY Mr Smarty! I was freezing like all of us have been in NY recently. Do you know what a complaint is? I was saying basically that it is simply not too hot here - do you get that? So no more insults from Tamborista - ok?

Reactions: miloskorac

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Roads

I know alot about the "old" roads to Veron. There has been teriffic improvement - you are right - but the new road from PC which cuts out going through Veron etc is excellent!
Bumpy Roads up to Veron???
You don't really know anything about the Area/Roads or whatsoever??
those Roads are actually in the best shape ever, I hit more bumps in my year driving around the US and the same in Europe.
and Yes, Air is cool now in PC, as usual for our wintermonths Dec/Jan/Feb.
right now it is even warmer than it was last week, that was COLD, lol.
at least we have sunny Days and the wind is below it usual 10-15mphr Average for this time of the Year.
did ya ask when Your New Shell Gas Station will open a Gas Station Shop at the Station?
the room is still empty, service is very slow, the guy who washed my windshield made it "Dirty".
next Time I will sweep Veron again for Gas, a stop at La Recta, a Stop at the Butcher, Stop at the Gas Station and a Fria to go for the Ride back Home to Cabeza de Toro, much more Fun and better Service.

Happy Hollies

Mike

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
right Jeb,
and also the old road to and through Veron is New.
there are today's even sidewalks for so the Kiddies don't need to walk on the mainroad anymore on the way to school.

Happy Hollies

Mike